Advice about gerbil

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyG

Reaction score
I often get those salt and mineral stones forthe bunnies and they just lick it sometimes or give it a nibble and itlasts for a while.

So I thought it might be good for the gerbil to have one two. I got thesmaller size than the rabbit one but it was still quite big.When I came home the gerbil had somehow consumed nearly the entirething. I looked at the box and it was mostly made out ofcalcium carbonate. So does anyone knowwhat happens if a gerbil eats practically its own weight inchalk? will it harm it? the shop said the stones were ok forgerbils but I didn't expect it to eat it .

I've had gerbils before, but have no experiencewith this. My suggestion would be to google something alongthe lines of "gerbil forum". I did, and found lots of forumsspecifically geared for gerbil information and members that havegerbils. Think the gerbil form of this site. :)

Hope that helps! :)

Come to think of it I had an animal that ate awhole mineral/salt lick over night. It was either a rabbit, a guineapig, or a gerbil. And they were OK.

How is the gerbil doing? I hope he/she is ok! *Prayers*

yes he is fine. It does not seem tohave had any bad effects. I joined a gerbil forum the otherday and found out that gerbils can not live alone so I think I willhave to try to introduce a friend for him.

haha... You would think that..

I got a couple gerbils from a pet store, theoretically both female... Of course one was male and the other female.

And having heard the same thing you did, went to another pet store, got one male, and one female to introduce to them..

And now I have 4 tanks each with one gerbil. =)

It would seem that the smaller the animal, the more difficult the introduction.

They seem happy enough, especially when the rasins come out...

Latest posts

Back