adventurous kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxysmummy

Reaction score
my kits are exactly 14 days old and there are four of them. some of them are starting to get adventurous and i want to know when i can get rid of the nest box?

i dont have a proper one (unexpected birth) and its just a cardboard box with a tshirt in it...

are they in the house? I would try leaving it in there longer... my last litter was born in a beer box lol. They were in the house and I kept it in the cage as long as possible. It's just cleaner for them to sleep, especially where their eyes just opened.

Basically though after their eyes open you can't stop the babies lol

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
are they in the house? I would try leaving it in there longer... my last litter was born in a beer box lol. They were in the house and I kept it in the cage as long as possible. It's just cleaner for them to sleep, especially where their eyes just opened.

Basically though after their eyes open you can't stop the babies lol
yeah they are inside... do i have to keep putting them back in the nest box or are they ok to crawl in and out? i think they can get out but not back in...

My babies have been sitting on top of my dryer. It's too cold to take them outside and I'm not taking any chances. So,I took a storage bin, put some cardboard on the floor and put the nest box in there. Amazingly, the minute I put them in they refuse to leave their nest box

It's okay to have the babies jump in and out. That's how they are going to learn.. They will learn to eat pellets, and drink from the water in a few couple of weeks.. My babies were about that age was jumping in and out of the box. But one died from the cold. Couldn't get back in the box. I kept my nesting boxes in for a long time until about 6 weeks.

When they start that, I usually turn the box on its side so they can run in and out. I leave it in like that as long as possible. They like it. :)

Latest posts

Back