Advantage II for Fleas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonsai

Heidi's Mom
Reaction score
Hello hello!

So I recently discovered that Revolution is practically like treating with rose water for fleas in my area and my cat (who had revolution used on him) picked up fleas from other family members' cats and now my rabbit has fleas, too. I thought my rabbit was clean of them but I checked him tonight again and I found flea dirt and a flea which unfortunately got away from me in all that fur.

I made sure to clip bun's back feet so he isn't aggravating the spot worse with scratching and I looked through my leftover flea ampoules and found that I have an application of Advantage II for kittens. I've read this is okay, and I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever used it? It's all I've found to work in my area for fleas and since I have one readily available, it'd be fastest for his relief. If I can't use this, I'm really not sure what to use! Revolution did absolutely nothing for my cat; they used it as mite treatment (turned out to not be mites) but it still turned him into an all you can eat buffet for the fleas. :(

Snickers weighs probably around 3lb (he is pretty small for a Holly, I think, and very light without being underweight) but definitely under 5. I doubt he even weighs 4, his father was small (3lb) and I doubt he's any bigger. I've read the kitten dosage is appropriate for rabbits but I also read that somewhere from 4 years ago and I'm not sure if things have changed.

Also, if it is appropriate for him, where do I apply it? On his neck? Between his shoulders? I put it on my cat's neck but not sure where to put it on him!

From what I've read Advantage II is safe for rabbits, however it might be worth phoning a vet just for dosing suggestions, especially since your bunny is so small.

I called the vet and he said I can use the kitten dose for Snickers. :) So hopefully in a couple days he'll be flea free and I can get all the linens washed. Ah, fleas. How I wish you didn't exist.

Latest posts

Back