Adorable "tough guy" with rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
My father is one of those "keep those **** animals away from me and my things" manly men types, and sure enough he's just like that about my rabbits. He then developed a secret 'manly' bond with Miranda because she'd climb onto his lap when he watched TV and if nobody was looking he'd reach down to pat her as he passed. He was very pleased with himself because she always leans up into his hand for pats even when she's in a mood and runs from the rest of us. It was really cute, but unfortunately he didn't get to like Sammy at all because Sammy was always a bit of a risk on people's laps because he'd pee sometimes, and he also kept trying to hump Miranda which put him on Dad's ****list.

Aaaanyway, now that Sammy's been neutered Dad's gotten super protective of him! His hormones have finally settled down and he doesn't want to hump anymore so I put him and Miranda together for some supervised snuggle time. Miranda seems to have decided to take her chance to be boss, so after a while she started humping him. Dad saw and pushed her off Sammy and told her off. Then when Miranda tried again he pushed right off and scooped Sammy up into his arms! He gave him a cuddle and said "don't worry little half-boy, I won't let her get you. Bloody women, such nags aren't they?" and has been petting him every time he walks past since!

I have to make sure I don't draw attention to it though or he'll get all tough-guy and stop. :p

It's funny how an awful lot of the macho, 'tough guy', "I have no interest in 'adorable' little fluffy animals" types, after begrudgingly living with a cute little bunny (belonging to another family member) for a while, seem to inevitably get caught snuggling with the bunny and sweet-talking them :p

Yeah this reminds me of my husband. "There you go sitting on the floor again with the rabbits.." and for the past month he keeps asking me, "Did anything come for me in the mail?" I'm like, "Besides bills?"....

Finally last week something came in the mail from SINGAPORE???? I'm like what the heck is this?

Well guess what?

He ordered a leash and harness with ANGEL WINGS for LADY!!!!

Last night after we had a disagreement, I was in the kitchen and Lady was in the hallway. I walk around to check
on Lady and see him on the floor kissing her nose and talking to her!

Men!

Vanessa

My husband has grown to love my bunnies too. He doesn't live with us right now, but is over weekly to visit with our son. We've had family and friends over to play games and he happily shows them the bunnies and tells them how adorable they are. He was very much against me getting them.

Yep once again another day another goof ball thing... once again, we are pissed at each other and not really talking. It's snowing her like mad, I don't have to work and he does... which is why I think part of him being pissed... oh brooke is in the hallway again and I can't get ready for work... I ignore him and keep cleaning out Lady's litterbox..

A few minutes later.. Is there any food for Brooke? She's hungry.

I just turn and look at him...

He picks up some Parsley and Watercress I just bought today before the big snow storm started we are having on the East Coast "This looks good for her" and walks off to give it to her. I hear him calling her "Brookie... come here baby, here is some food for you.."

I'm rolling my eyes again..

What is it with these guys?

Vanessa

Still snowing...

Oh, I just have to say, I love those manly guys that have their secret bunny/pet loves! Glad all of your hubbies/boyfriends & fathers all secretly love those adorable bunny family members while still maintaining their manliness! lol Give those big manly guys in your life a big bunny hug & tell them how much you appreciate them in your life!

My partner wasn't particularly excited about me getting a pet at all, and sort of just put up with me deciding to bring home Felix. Now that he's here he's not overly affectionate, but he speaks to him in that cute 'pet voice' that's a bit higher than his normal voice, and likes to talk to him and give him scratches and treats. :) He hasn't put up a fight at all about me bringing home another bun, either!

Back