Adopting a shy rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billythebun

Reaction score
Hi!
So, I am adopting a female rabbit on Thursday. We went to go and visit her today, and I am soooooo in love. I am looking forward to giving Billy a friend as well. I am just a little nervous, because I don't consider myself an expert at all and this particular bunny is very shy of people, and I was just wondering if anybody has any tips and tricks.
They told me that she used to be terrified of people and is now much better, which is good, but that she still is pretty nervous. They also said she may be hard to bond because she was once in a bond in her previous home but they were separated when one of them was being nutered and the bond broke. I am pretty confident that I know how to bond them, but I am just worried because this is my first time.
Basically, I would like it if I could have some tips for calming and taming shy bunnies, and also for bonding shy bunnies.
Thanks!

Biggest question - is the female bunny spayed?
Go really slow, don’t try picking her up and handling her a lot at first, try sitting in her area and letting her come over to you and sniff you etc and realise you aren’t a threat. Try putting tasty treats near you to make her realise you’re a positive experience!

Yes put treats out and have good quality time together. When I got my rabbit he was so scared. I was so slow and he finally came up to me and was fine.

Latest posts

Back