Adding a new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
We have one bunny right now she has not yet matured yet. Should I wait to ad a bunny until she's out of her teenager stages or get one while she's still this young?

I still have a long way to go I really want a lop. But they are very hard to find out here in New York.

luvinmycowboy wrote:
We have one bunny right now she has not yet matured yet. Should I wait to ad a bunny until she's out of her teenager stages or get one while she's still this young?

I still have a long way to go I really want a lop. But they are very hard to find out here in New York.
Depends on the two buns, I would say when there young and have them in separate cages next to each other so they can get used to each other, then get them altered and then try bonding.

I agree - putting in cages next to each other so they can become used to one another's scent and presence would have to help...

Wish we lived closer, cowboy - I have 6 baby lops that will be ready for a home the middle of April.

anneq wrote:
I agree - putting in cages next to each other so they can become used to one another's scent and presence would have to help...

Wish we lived closer, cowboy - I have 6 baby lops that will be ready for a home the middle of April.
:( that ruined my day! lol. I hope you find good homes for them!

Should I get a male or female? I'm looking into adopting an older bunny.

paul2641 wrote:
Depends on the two buns, I would say when there young and have them in separate cages next to each other so they can get used to each other, then get them altered and then try bonding.
this method has worked for me in the past. i also let them physically meet on neutral territory - either our bedrooms or the dogs side of the garden. ( i have an area of lawn that is exclusively for the bunnies to nibble):rollseyesit took time as everything had to be supervised but was well worth it in the end:D

Latest posts

Back