Added Shelf and Ramp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
We got Ziggy a dog crate that was big enough to add a shelf to last week or so. Finally got the shelf and ramp done last night and in the cage after figuring out the right placement of everything. The ramp has no skid tape stuff and baseboard wood on it for traction so Ziggy can climb up and down it. The baseboard pieces are used as almost steps in even spaces then between those the non skid tape stuff giving even more traction. The ramp is hinged to the shelf so it wont fall while he's on it too.

We got him up on the shelf last night to show him its there but he's acting scared of the ramp and jumps down off the shelf landing almost outta his cage every time. I used rasins to coax him up the ramp and put his greens up on the shelf too and he will sit there and stare at it all with this look of "I don't think so" lol. The greens this morning got him to jump up the ramp and eat though finally. Is there anything else I can do to coax him to use the ramp? Right now he ate his greens and is now sitting on the shelf sleeping.

Did you put a ramp because it's too high for him to jump up on? Our Peaches can jump up vertically at least 20" to his shelf. He,s a lionhead too

He's not a jumper at all lol. The shelf was in for about 3 or 4 days and he refused to do more then sniff it from the underside. He will jump on our couch but the shelf is actually higher then the couch is. I have put cardboard boxes in the hallway to keep him out and he sniffs then walks away refusing to jump anything other then on the couch.

He is now using the ramp on his own after posting this question of course lol. Found him sleeping on the shelf yesterday afternoon after coming home from running errands and then this morning.

I did the same thing with coaxing my little bun to get up on a shelf. Treats seem to work great! I also noticed my guy didn't like the self until I enclosed it a little bit more (Put a roof on and a small sided section.

Back