Actually EATING litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally would be worried about a rabbit eating that stuff. It is notorious for getting moldy, and I would also be concerned about an impaction risk. I would use a different litter. A lot of folks on here use woodstove pellets/wooden pellets, I believe.

I would recommend changing to a recycled paper litter immediately if your rabbit is eating the corn cob litter. I hear that it can be really bad for them over the long run, but I'm sure just a bit isn't too harmful.

Good luck!

Switch litter immediately. This is why corn cob litter usually is not recommended for rabbits. There are several products made out of recycled paper, although I personally prefer kiln-dried wood pellets. The kiln-drying removes the harmful natural chemicals that make pine and cedar shavings unhealthy.

It is possible for a rabbit to get an intestinal blockage from eating indigestible stuff like corn cob litter, same as with eating carpet, etc.

Back