Acting Ike more of a brat since being spayed?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseywool704

Reaction score
Okay so my bunny was spayed about 2.5 weeks ago and she's acting like a total brat compared to before the surgry!

Right now she's chewing on the bars of her NIC cage even though the door is open and she's been hopping around the room for the past 2 hours... She normally chews on the bars when she wants to come out.

She's also been throwing her litter box around.. Which she's never done before.

Bunnies will be bunnies, I totally get that! :) but I thought after a spay surgery they usually mellow out? Not go from a mellow bunny to a bratty bunny?!

It usually takes a while for the horomones to even out. It may be that she is starting to feel better and just wants attention or the horomone level are still out of whack and she doesn't understand why she feels so weird. Patience and presistance will help. Take her out of her cage and encourage her to run. Take her litter box when you notice her throwing it, put your hand on it and say a firm NO!!
Get her some chewy sticks and check her teeth, maybe the problem is that they are bothering her and she is in pain. It could be the behavior and the spaying are not even related.

Yeah I figured it could be her hormones all out of whack. She's pretty much out of her cage all day and has plenty of chew toys, so I don't think it's that. but that's a great suggestion for the litter box issue, I will do that the next time she goes to throw it. :)

My bunny went through a phase of tipping and throwing her litter box. I had to clip it to the side of her cage because of course she would tip it while I was away or asleep.

Latest posts

Back