Accidentally applied Revolution to where rabbit can reach. What do I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the easiest thing to do would have been leave it as is for about an hour or 2 and just keep him from licking it then wash the spot.

Revolution tastes like cr..... erm... BLEGH, and most rabbits wont lick it anyway once they get the taste, and the most it will do is cause a bit of irritation if they get it on their paws and wipe their eyes, in which case a little saline will do the trick. Besides if you've washed it off theres no more revolution there, and hes probably trying to lick the spot because you washed it.

Since it was washed off so quickly you will still need to re-apply this months dose.

He was licking it before I attempted to wash it off. He already got a little bit of it, is he going to be okay? I can't find any information about this online.

The reason I applied it accidentally to his shoulder is because I applied it while he was laying down. I thought it was the back of his neck. He's very chubby and has lots of extra skin, so when he got up, his skin moved around a bit and it turns out I applied it too low.

He will be fine.
Just make sure he eats lots of hay and drinks lots of water today, it may upset his tummy if he got alot, but if he was willing to lick the spot, it couldn't have been that much.

In the future, I would just leave it on if its in the "wrong spot" then wash it off in a few hours, at least allow the revolution to do its thing so you dont have to re-dose for the month.

I like to apply it at the very base of the skull kind of behind the ears/above the shoulders, in multiple spots.

Thanks Watermelons, I feel better now. I'm generally pretty good at putting it in the correct spot. I was just having a blonde moment and didn't account for the fact that he was laying down.

This happened the first time I dosed Gus. It trickled down off his neck and onto his shoulder. Now I blow dry the back of his neck with a hair dryer right after I apply the Revolution. Dunno if that would've helped or not in this situation, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Rue

Back