Accidental Bonding Success

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
back in September i successfully bonded my new zealand/californian mix Hank with my angora/lop mix Sophie, and they have worked out to be a pretty succesful bond. they are so cute together and are always snuggling and grooming each other. i never considered bonding them with anyone else because i was afraid of ruining their awesome relationship.

then i started having problems with my bunnies breaking out of their cages at night for about a week. hank and sophie would bust out, then Dale (my giant flemish) would, and each morning i would come down the stairs to find them all snuggling together...

i never planned to bond dale with any other bunnies because of how big she is/will get. she is 14 weeks old now and just as big and longer than my 6 month old new zealand, we were planning for her to be more of a house bunny since the pen we have for the rest of the bunnies probably isn't going to be big enough. (its pretty much 12 feet by 12 feet) so i'm not sure whats going to go down in the long run. maybe the trio will become all housebound....

also its going surprisingly well considering Hank is the only one neutered and my girls Dale and Sophie aren't. they are both so laid back!

anyway, here are the pics lol

007-23.jpg

009-22.jpg

014-21.jpg

030-9.jpg

038-8.jpg

017-15.jpg

020-14.jpg

036-9.jpg

042-3.jpg

bunny005.jpg

Awww these pics are SO adorable!! Bunny love!:hearts That is great that they all bonded. My buns are similar in that the one boy is nuetered but the 2 girls are not fixed, and they bonded very easily somehow.. Its wonderful!

Awww those are so cute. - lucky buns.

Are those hair clips holding their doors closed? I tried the black "bulldog" clips too and they didn't hold - I have plastic clamps now - if my little one got out, he'd attack the older one - lucky you they bonded so easily

OMG they're beautiful together! Congrats! I'm so jealous. I never have an easy time bonding any of my buns. Want to come bond my NZ and my tan? The tan loves everybody and everything but the NZ is a big dork.

naturestee wrote:
...but the NZ is a big dork.

:liesHey!!! That's my NZ you're talking about...!!! :grumpy:

Poor guy...! Sending you squishies big guy! You're not a dork. You're just special... :)

btw... cute pics of your trio! :pThey look so relaxed with each other. I would love another trio someday, but I guess I'll have to be content with pics of your kids.

Back