??? about 'teenage' years

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
I love my bunny, I love my bunny, I love mybunny....these are the words I keep having to tell myself everyday, andsome days its harder than others to believe it!!! I am convinced wehave the original Bunnicula!! I thought I could get someguidance from all of you. I think my sweet little holland lopmay be going through her "teenage years" Could someone tellme at which age does this occur? Blossom is 6 months old andher behavior is changing and not for the better. She hasalways been EXTREMELY cage territorial making it near impossible toeven change her litter or feed her, but now it is just out ofcontrol!!! She throws things around in her cage,moves her food and water crocks all over, digs all the litter out ofher box, and then moves her litter box all over (thank goodness shestill uses it though) and now when I went to get her out so I couldchange her litter and feed her and such, she bit me hard, she even drewblood!!! YIKES where is my sweet girl????She is not spayed because we were going to show her at the fair thisnext summer, and then spay her, so how do we deal with thisbehavior? I love my bunny, I love my bunny, I love mybunny!!!! :? Tracy

You're right. You can see that behavior anytimein the first year. :) Is her cage low enough that you can let her outwithout picking her up?

A big thing that many people don't realize is that the cage setup makesa big difference. For example, pulling a big bunny out through a smalldoor at the top. Their legs go out and get caught on the sides, andthey associate coming out with bad things. That might not be yourproblem....but anyway....

look for changes for the better in the next two years. That's when personalities really alter.

You'll both survive--and you love your bunny.....:D

Rose

P.S. sometimes boys are easier....I'd rather be sprayed than bit....;)

heh... I get sprayed AND bit =p

Gir is a little bastage... and he is getting neutered first chance weget... even if I have to take money out of the savings to do it!

I missed out on the teenage years. both mine areolder bunnies. but i have been pee'd on by Roger. Now princess Luvwould never think to pee on me. :)But she will bite me if itry and get her out and she dont want to.

Cristy

Everytime I let Max out, Henry sprays all overthe room, he just did it 10 mins ago... 6 ft is his record sofar!Max also digs her litter and moves everything... I'msurprised she can tell the hay from the sawdust. She digs itall up and messes it all about. She's about 5 months old nowso I thinkMax and Blossom arehitting that stagenow! Henry's never been like that... thank heavens for littleboys! :D

Chernish never pees on me. He used to bite me a little bit because he was scared at first when we got him.
He is not neutered and he is 1.7 years old.

Sometimes I wonder why does not he show any sexual behaviour?

thanks for the advice and comments, I certainlyhope we can tolerate her until summer time (thats a long time away:?) Cuz our son really wants to show her, but she might getspayed before then! Then we can get him another bunny beforethe fair and he can show that one, oh my how he would love twobunnies!!! He is already on my case to get a Frenchlop!!! Tracy

AnnaS wrote:
Chernish never pees on me. He used to bite me a little bitbecause he was scared at first when we got him.
He is not neutered and he is 1.7 years old.

Sometimes I wonder why does not he show any sexual behaviour?
My male Holland lop never did either....until one day I realized why. He never fully developed!

Also, sometimes they don't spray at all until later...I think Bunbunmay have been a few years old before he did, but I can't remember.

Rose

My bunny Fudge went through a teenage phase ataround 7/8 months where he snorted and bit me loads, after a couple ofmonths he totally chilled out and settled- definite adolescenctbehaviour if you ask me.

mummybunny

Latest posts

Back