Abner's Eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Evans recommended removing the cataract. Hemayalso removepart of the iris. He said it was not the usual type of cataract. I know he took a lot of pictures. I think he needed them as part ofa case study.

I'm so glad you got a second opinion and that Abner will not lose his eye! :DWishing you and him all the best on Friday...

May be a silly question, but what vision willhe have out of that eye afterwards, if any?

Jen xx

I'm so glad he's ok! Do you have to do anything special, like eye drops? Or just the pain meds?

Tell him I feel his pain, I had eye surgery as a kid. Makes your eyes darn itchy for a while.

Abner had his first follow up visit last week. He needed a steroid shot in his eye. Of course, teh vet wasn't happy that I had stopped the metacam. No one told me that Abner would need to take that for a month. Thanks for great instructions.

He is back on the Metacam. Another visit is scheduled for May 30th.

Sorry about your rabbits eye, but here is some info that minte help. Take a cotton ball/tissue/wash cloth, dampen it, and dab his eye with it. This might relieve a little pain and take some of the puss away, but keep bringing him to the vet. until then I will pray for little Abner. :pray:

[align=center]Madeline:bunnydance:[/align]

I'm glad Abners eye is improving... yikes! I'd squirm too with a needle going in my eye... that does not sound like fun. Sorry to hear they didn't give you good instructions for afterwards, that wasn't smart.

Back