Abbie and Rain update...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADEE

Reaction score
Here are some pics I took of the girls today... its so hard to believe they are 5mos and 7 mos old already!!!

3013956011_07fcfd6eb3.jpg

3013956029_817b5dc208.jpg

3013956021_58dfe013da.jpg

3013956003_99502e6e0c.jpg

3013956035_16ab26f6f7.jpg

What color is she?! I thought her coat was dirty so I bathed and blow dryed her and sure enough its the color of her hair!
3013956039_75f42149d9.jpg

What color is she?! I thought her coat was dirty so I bathed and blow dryed her and sure enough its the color of her hair!

They are gorgeous! :hearts:

I think her coat will maybe get all darker as she gets her senior fur.

Bo was lighter and changed to a darker fur when he did his jr. molt.

wow really? So I might not end up with an orange girl? lol.... I didnt relize they change their entire color when shedding out!!! Rain just moulted her coat and it was EVERYWHERE! what a MESS

Sometimes they can change a bit. Bo was more of a brown color all over (cept his little white tummy) then when he molted out the first time his back got a bit darker.

I think all animals can do that actually. Our horse gets white markings in the winter when he gets his fuller hair coat.

I had a cat that had stripes on her head in the winter but not in the summer! She was inside all the time too so it wasn't bleaching.

wow thats interesting about the cat and rabbits... i had a roan colt that changed colors CONSTANTLY!!! otherwise I had two bay Thoroughbreds... both bays, they only got that bleached look ;)

Roans do that a lot don't they? and Grullas?

She looks to have a molt line, too. Is that what I'm seeing? I bet it's just where she's losing and getting new hair.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Rain looks smart as a whip!
Abbie... well, I wasn't a fan of the long ears before, but hers are a whole 'nother story...:cool:
Rain is a very distinguished bun lol... shes very smart! I swear one of these days shes going to escape and take over the world. Abbie is a big dorky bun but we love her anyway :biggrin2: lol...

Back