AAAHHHHH!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyrads

Reaction score
:banghead

I totally can't believe this and it's really pissing me off! I posted earlier about getting a rabbit from some woman my husband works with. He is bringing the rabbit home in an hour.

I told him to get the cage and all the supplies. The cage is way too small but I could use it to make a bigger pen. WELL... he says they want to keep the cage now because they are going to get guinea pigs! If the kids weren't taking care of the rabbit why do they think they would take care of a pig? Plus pigs are much messier then rabbits and stink more if you don't clean their cage often.

Errrr... I'm going to send her an email myself and try and talk her out of it. I know in a months time she is going to want to get rid of it too. I just need to calm down first so I don't come off mean and nasty. :X

Dang, I really sympathise. This sounds like a frustrating situation. It may be remembering wrong, but wasn't this the bunny that had found another home already? I could be wrong though, there are so many stories like this on here.

Those poor piggies, I think people just find them easier to neglect because they tend to hide more and don't take quite as much work. What on Earth makes them think that ditching this bunny and getting the pigs is a smart move? Some people.

Glad to see the bunny at least has found a responsible home.

Kipcha wrote:
Dang, I really sympathise. This sounds like a frustrating situation. It may be remembering wrong, but wasn't this the bunny that had found another home already? I could be wrong though, there are so many stories like this on here.

Those poor piggies, I think people just find them easier to neglect because they tend to hide more and don't take quite as much work. What on Earth makes them think that ditching this bunny and getting the pigs is a smart move? Some people.

Glad to see the bunny at least has found a responsible home.
Yep this is the same bunny. Don't know what happened to the people that were going to take her. She doesn't speak very good english so maybe my husband misunderstood or something. I'm just glad she is here now though.

My husband actually did bring her home in the cage and it is soooo small. 14"x22". :( I have a nice pen set up for her with two levels. It
s 4'6" x 3' so she has lots of room now.

She is a small black dwarf, not sure how old yet but she seems just about full grown. I'm going to email this woman and find out as much history as I can. We know she had her for a month and she supposedly got her from someone else. So she could be a couple years old but I have a feeling she is within her first year.

I have to say she is doing pretty well. She was eating some hay and was very curious about her new digs. She is fine with being picked up and held and doesn't seem too freaked out by our other animals thus far. She goes up to the bars and sniffs them as they come by.

So that is it so far. She's only been home her and hour and a half. LOL!

Latest posts

Back