Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! Help! (non urgent. I'm just confused)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Ok, my Dinkies are now just over 8 weeks old (gosh, I can't believe they haveall gotten this far).

I separated them on Sunday, and we were pretty confident as to their genders.

As far as we can see and workout, they are all ladies. With this in mind we separated them into two fours (4 Dinkies in one set, and three Dinkies plus mum in the other) as a temporary solution working towards splitting them into various pairs/trios with other Dinkies and mum and Cloud and Badger when their hormones die down from their neuter.

Background:

When Sky was a kit, he started humping mum at about 7 weeks old. Moon never showed anything like this towards her mum.

When Cloud was 8 weeks old he testicles dropped; he had been humping mum from about 6 weeks.

Present:

Ok, there is a whole waffle of a story but after checking everyday for a couple of weeks we decided they were all girls (and we were desperately looking for a boy, so it wasn't for want of trying that we couldn't 'find' anything, lol).

Today two of my Dinkies were humping mum.

Now, as far as I know, the ladies shouldn't be showing this behaviour yet, yet the two doing the humping are looking very much like ladies :?.

Could girlies at this age be humping? At the risk of asking a stupid question (because I'm desperate for a man) can boys hide their thingy?

Help!

If I have the groupings wrong I need to change them around asap, but I can't figure out what to do because they still all look like girls.

ARGH!

Help me, lol.

Are you sure you are pressing enough to push the full bits out If you do it lengthwise it is easier but unless you can get the bits fully extended (lol couldn't think of a better word) you can't always tell, remember that a boys bits are pointy with a round tip and girls are more horseshoe shaped. i would have another look at the 2 girls just in case it has always been the boys that have done that so young up here i have even had 3 doing a conga lol.

Young does will jump on each other to show dominance.

At their age you should be able to tell easily what sex they are.

The bucks will definately look like a donut when pressed.

The other possibility to consider is a split penis. Most gender changes

are splits. They look like does until they are a little older and then it is obvious

that they are bucks.

Roger

Thanks everyone :)

I can't quite formulate a decent reply right now, but I will be checking them again later, and also very regularly, so fingers crossedI'll find a problem (if it is there) before it arises.

We've given up. I'm taking them to a breeder tomorrow to genderise them, lol.

It's just too hard. :grumpy:

That they do. This lot are very good at it.

Latest posts

Back