A way to help...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisi1987

Reaction score
i dont know if this would be in the right section or not, but theres a new yahoo search called goodsearch where you can choose a charity or school and then do normal searches. such as a humane society. everytime you search on it you earn a penny. it doesnt seem like a lot, but it adds up. the link is, http://goodsearch.com/

I don't mean to start any sort ofcontroversy, but I used to be a member of PETA up until I found out that they euthanise animals. Idiscontinueddonating to my local shelter upon finding out the same.Before donating to any sort of charity, be sure that you are well informed about the organization. Just something to think about. :)

I've certainly kept it no secret that I am anti-PETA. I do advise that people who wish to support PETA do extensive research on exactly what belief system they are supporting. Here is a link to a news report done on PETA's links to terrorism in the US. http://fox61.trb.com/news/wtic-092502sa-peta-eco-terrorism,0,6436479.story?coll=wtic-news-3

I enjoy the freedom in the US to make my own choices. It is my feeling that PETA uses terroristand shock techniques and propaganda to force others into their belief system and seeks to take away our freedom of choice at any cost.

Pam

Wow...thanks so much, guys, for letting me know about PETA!! I'll check it out and read up on it. I certainly don't want to promote or donate to an organization that isn't what they seem to be!!

Thank you for informing me of that!! :D

By the way, I'm not saying to NOT donate to PETA. I think their overall cause is wonderful. I just disagree with them on a major issue and so I discontinued my membership. Just like any other charity, you need to know all the facts before you donate money. That's all. ;)

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petaKillsAnimals.cfm

Sorry such a crappy reference website, but this is the only quick reference I could find. I have been in contact directly with a person at PETA who confirmed that they DO euthanize animals.

I'm not on good terms with peta anymore. After having a gory pamphlet (sp?) of cows being slaughtered stuffed in my face by some girls at my school (although the website was peta2 on the back.. but I don't know if that makes a difference) i've avoided them. I think they just like to 'rebel' against things myself.. I've always wondered do they actually care about the well being of animals? Sure, they probably do, but I have strong feelings that they aren't as passionate about the well being of animals as much as they come across.. and the fact that they kill animals just makes me think less of them! -sorry in advance if I've gone a bit off topic!

i never knew PETA did that, wow. i dont know that i was ever for peta because i dont believe in their rules they have for being a member... like going to the mall with a fur coat and spray paint it with red paint and start yelling at people who are going to buy fur coats. i watched a few PETA videos, they were horrible, i always wondered if the person who was making the video, and who was watching it the whole time was with PETA, cause i dont understand how someone could just stand there and watch all that happening. i kept my charity to the wisconsin humane society for now

Oh man.. that is just awful! Ok, I can understnad they feel strongly that it's wrong, but other people might not. I hate how they force ideas into your head whether you want to know them or not. I just find it plain horrible some of the stuff they do..

Aww thats gr8!

I just went to guide dogs for the blind. I have always been really interested in helping them. Them dogs really amaze me what they are capable of doing!

Thanks for that website Pam!

Sheesh, after reading that, probably 85% of the stuff I read just sounds stupid to me. Ok, that ad that says "your daddy kills fish, so he'll kill your puppy and kitties" ok, that's just dumb. I'm beginning to hate Peta and I'm starting to think they are just hypocrits.

Thanks again, very informative!

Back