A Video Of Buttercup's Breathing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
The Vet said the noise Buttercup is making is just snoring. I tend to think it's not snoring. Can you guys and galswatch it and tell me what you think.

You can hear the noise he makes quite clearly.

Sorry for the poor quaility video, i din't use my camcorder just used my cheap Sony camera.

Thanks

Susan

Here's a video I made of a rabbit with Pasteurella breathing. You'll hear a bubbling, popping sound. It's surprisingly loud. I could hear it across the room. I agree with your vet that it's snoring. But, doesn't hurt to pay attention so you'll be aware if there are any changes in her breathing.

Sorry, I couldn't hear Buttercup too well, but I can definitely say it wasn't like Bun-Bun. I wouldn't worry about pasturella unless there is some discharge. I know a lot of bunnies snore, and I think what I heard of Buttercup sounded like their snoring. I know he's a bit up there in years, so you want to be really careful, but I'm pretty sure it's just (adorable) snoring.

Sounds like snoring to me as well! I've posted a video of my rabbit, Donnie, snoring when he was younger a few times on RO, and it's very similiar to Buttercup's noise.

Kathy

When I watched the video I looked for any signs of heavy breathing, labored breathing or discomfort at all that would accompany the sound.
Babette had labored breathing and made a similar sound when she had a lower respiratory infection< HOWEVER, she looked very uncomfortable and hersides were heaving showing labored breathing; she was in definite discomfort ; i don't see any of that in Buttercup at all...
Buttercup looks really relaxed which would make me not worry aout it...

lagamorphs are nocturnal,.does this noise only happen briefly during/when sleeping,,during our day time??.no discharges(eyes,mouth,ears).you obviuosly are concerned and need to explore all information of the rabbits body signs,.try using a stethescope under the chest-if he will sleep on it-and listen to the signs of breathing,stomach,etc..sincerely james waller

Latest posts

Back