A very, very wet bottom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianavex

Reaction score
Hey RO, I've got an odd situation.

My rabbit Cassie is eating fine, drinking fine, very active, and looks alert and playful. She's actually constantly attempting to dart out of her cage to run around my room. The problem is, though, her bottom today has been wet. I'm not talking "slipped and fell into her water bowl wet foot" wet. I'm not even talking her usual "i don't like to clean my butt so it's sometimes damp after i've peed" wet. I'm talking outright sopping wet. Butt, stomach, tail, feet, all of it. It smells a bit of urine, but honestly it's incredibly watery. She leaves puddles after standing in front of her food bowl too long. Her housing hasn't changed, environment hasn't changed, no new foods, no new animals, no new beddings. The only thing that's changed is I've had the heat on a bit because it's getting cold for winter, but the room has stayed within the same ranges she's always been in and the heater isn't beside her. Moreover, her usual favorite spot for peeing in her litter box appears well-used (I just changed it today!), as if she's relieving herself normally there. I've dried her cage floor multiple times (every time I notice it's the least bit damp), so it's not as if she's walking through water and getting wet. She, herself, is wet.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what on earth is going on with her. She's 2.5 years old, I've had her since July 2012, she's been spayed since August 2012. This is the first time I've seen this from her.

Has she been drinking more? Does she seem to have control of her urination?

Not to scare you, I doubt it with a 2.5 year old bun, but that was the first sign with my boy when his kidneys started failing. He began to pee almost uncontrollably and his water in take got increasingly higher.

Latest posts

Back