A trip to see Santa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
Buck was fond of saying,"You never know where the day will take you". Today was one of those days.

We all went and took Otis to see Santa. We were laughing andhaving a great time. As soon as we entered Petco, I saw someone I knew.She is one of the main woman that does cat rescue in my area. Veryawesome lady. She adored Apollo from the moment she saw him. Every timeI see her,I always had Apollo with me.

Today it was Otis. As we were talking she asked where Apollowas. As I began to tell her what happened, we both broke down andcried. We stood there crying comforting each other. It was so hard. Ididn't want today to be a sad day. So we dried our eyes and talkedabout Otis and her kitties.

We walked over to where they were set up with all the cats foradoption. The other woman remembered me as the Rabbit Lady. She saidthat believe it or not hey get calls from people trying to place theirrabbits with them. Sadly, they couldn't take these rabbits as no oneknew how to care for them or had the room...until now.

Yup, I am going to be a foster mom to homeless bunnies. Sowhenever their is a bunn destined for the shelter they will come here.I've always said I wanted to help and here is my chance.

Otis is now the proud owner of his very own baseball cap. Heeven sported it for his photo shoot with Santa. Santa's eyes got as bigas dinner plates when he saw Otis wasn't a dog but a snuggly bunny. Ihad to show Santa how to hold Otis. Otis was amazing. He sat still andwas curious about everything.

I picked my two favorite pictures of him. One where he has hishat on and another without his hat in Santa's lap. I pick the picturesup on Sat. at 10am. I am so excited.

I went to Petco to get two pictures taken. I cried, I laughedand did something to help the animals I adore. Not a bad day. Sorry I'mjust really excited and wanted to share.

Tina

That's wonderful, Tina! I can't wait to see thepictures of Otis and hear all about the lucky buns that get to staywith you while they wait for their forever homes. :hug:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

beware the heartbreak and theinability of not wanting to letthem go , ! oh ya and the short guy youlive with lol . Dale alright with this ?

Congradulations and welcome to a wonderfull world, one filled with joy ,laughter , tears and heart break , TinaWelcome to My World, So glad you finally Joinedus all :hug:

Congratulations! It's like an early Christmaspresent to both you and all the bunnies you will foster. What a greatthing you are going to do!

Thank you everyone. I am so excited.

Dawn, I'll post Otis's pictures as soon as I get home Sat.

Shuu, thank you. I am really excited I get to help some bunnies.

Bunnys_rule, thank you so much.

Gypsy, thank you. I owe so much to you. I can't thank youenough for helping me decide how best to help. You are truly awesomeand I really do admire what you do. Thank you.

Tina

Bunny dude, Thank you. I have reallyblessed with this bunch. I have always wanted to help and here is mychance. I look forward to meeting my first foster.

Ariel, Yea it was a little bit of everything. Definitely an intereseting day.

Tina

What a great day!! Congrats....You'll do welland those bunnies will be very lucky to stay with you while waiting fortheir forever home! :colors:

Congrats on becoming a foster mommy! The bunnieswill be in very good hands on awaiting their new home. I could neverfoster, every bun would end up living with me and they would think imcrazy.

Oh Tina, what a wonderful day, for you, for Otisand for all the bunnies that will come into your care. I do, however,have a sneaking suspicion that some bunnies may not get much furtherthan your home :D!

Otis sounds like he behaved perfectly at his Santa meeting. Really looking forward to seeing the pics1

Jan

Latest posts

Back