A Tale of Two Trances

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
This is Peanut being tranced:

PeanutTrance1.jpg

PeanutTrance.jpg

"A little more to the right..."

PeanutTrance2.jpg

"Aaaahhh. . .that's the spot."

PeanutTrance3.jpg

This is Rex being tranced:

"What exactly do you think you're doing?"

Rexbeingheld2.jpg

"There is no way you're flipping me on my back."

Rexbeingheld1.jpg

"Stop! Stop right there. . ."

RexTrance.jpg

"Don't even. . .think. . .abou. . .it. .zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . ."

RexTrance1.jpg

RexTrance2.jpg

The thing is, while I can trance Peanut to clip her nails, Rex snapsright out of it if I touch anywhere but his head. We're still workingon that part ;) As you can see, his nails are rather long. It's beenslow going because we're working the quick back.

They certainly love their mom!

Adorable, m.e.

:)

-Carolyn

That is just awesome! I love to see buns tranced. I need to get a pic of me with Diva tranced! Rex reminds me of Diva, at first they are not Ok with it but give them a couple of seconds and they are out like little babies! Thanks for sharing these adorable pictures m.e.!

Fergi's mom

Awww, I wish I could do that!!

Peppy will do it if he's wrapped in a towel, but if I try to do itnormally he kicks and squeeks and tries to get away like I'm trying tokill him or something lol. So, I try not to do it unless I have to.

Thanks for the pics!

Well, I've been trying with Rex for months now,building up a little at a time. I think it will be awhile before he'sas comfortable as Peanut is, but we're slowly making progress.

My rabbits really don't like it, I admit I don'ttry it often enough for them to get used to it. What are the steps youtook/take to trance them?

Peanut's always been receptive to it. She's solaidback, I can walk around, cradling her like a baby, and she won'tfuss at all. Rex is more. . .uptight :p It took awhile just for him tobe comfortable with me holding him. I always sit cross-legged on thefloor, so if he decides to wriggle free he's not in for a fall. Plus Ithink he feels more comfortable when I'm on "his level".

When I started trancing him, I had to make it as fast as possible.Taking too long to flip him over only stressed him more, and he'dreally fight me. So I had to perfect my bunny flipping skills ;). Onceon his back, there's sometimes an initial freak-out period. I reallytry to keep him straight, keep his butt higher than his head, and justgive him lots and lots of noserubs. I hold him firmly, so he doesn'tfeel too vulnerable.

The first few times, I only held him for a few seconds. I've beengradually increases the amount of time I hold him, then gentlyand quickly flip him back over, and give treats and kisses whenit's all said and done. The whole thing lasts a couple minutes now.But, like I said, he still won't let me clip nails or anything.

Aww they look so happy, even Rex. Winston hatesbeing tranced, and Mabel won't even let me pick her up anymore,although she loves petting.

Any tips on how to make trancing easier? MaybeI'm not even doing it right, how do you trance a bunny....a detaileddescription would be awesome!!!

We rub from the nose to the ears along the middleof the head and they go under pretty easily. Maybe strokingthe whiskers too... make sure the head is lower than the back legs asthis helps. :)

Ang xx

All this time I've been trying to trance my buns by rubbing their bellies.

I try to rub Peppy's nose...he stays a littlestill but he doesn't look like Peanut does... he looks more like"agh...get me down.." lol more like Rex :p

Latest posts

Back