A Scottish Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feewishart

Reaction score
Dear All

I have been reading you emails on the rabbit forum for a few weeks nowand I guessI am the only person from Scotland here?Its really interesting reading everyones opinions andstories. Ive kept rabbits as pets all my life and I adorethem. This is one of my rabbits called "chestnut" she hasjust had surgery to remove a tumor from her dewlap. As youcan see she is not very happy in this picture. She is doingmuch better now and we are just waiting for the lab results from thevets. Fingers crossed shes going to be fine.

Fee

Welcome aboard,feewishart!

So glad you decided to jump in. I will certainlykeepChestnut in mythoughts and prayers for acomplete recovery. I'm sure that you've been on pins andneedles while trying to deal with this. What a beautiful babyshe is.

Do keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Welcome.

My husband spent five years in Scotland when he was in themilitary. He loved it and keeps telling me he'll take me tosee it one day. It looks like a beautiful country.What part are you from?

Laura

Laura

Im from a wee town near Stirling (William Wallace country).About 30 miles from Glasgow. Its a beautiful country apartfrom the midges and rain. You should take your husband up onhis offer to come here.

fee

Hello

just to say get well soon to chestnut from 2 other scottish (aberdeen)bunnies on the board, northern dancer and flora!

Chestnut looks very cute, hope hegets well soon.

I hope Chestnut gets well soon. What a lovelybun, It's so horrid to see them with their fur all trimmed away after avisit to the vet. I'm down in Cornwall and so I will be sending my goodwishes northwards on the prevailing wind! GET WELL SOON.

Welcome! My husband is partiallyScottish and is a bagpiper. My daughter highlanddances. One of our rabbits is named Whisky. We loveyour country.

Are there any scottish breeds of rabbits? Like the border collie is for dogs? I'd love a border bunny!

Hi Fee,

Just wondering how Chestnut is doing?

-Carolyn

Hi Feewishart

I'm not sure if there are anymore Scottish members here. Ithink mainly American, and Canadian people but the amount of Britishhere are slowly catching up. Anyway, rabbit advice is goodadvice no matter what part of the world it comes from and there aresome amazing rabbit experts who visit this site.

Your baby Chestnut looks similar in colouring and breeding to my Benjamin. Hope she is starting to feel better.

Rebecca

Carolyn

Chestnut is doing very well. We have just returned from the vet and thetumor was non malignant fatty tissue. She has been given the all clear.Thanks for asking after her.

fee

Northern Dancer

Its good to know there are other Scottish folk here, although i love tohear how other rabbit owners keep their bunnies in differentcountrys. Good names you have got for your rabbits, Flora andNorthern Dancer. Mines are called Chestnut and Mushroom.

Fee

Buck

Yes i guess you are right that Chestnut is a bit "chubby". She has a25ft run which we turfed last summer. The run has adog kennel to shelter in from the rain, 2 tunnels which herpalmushroom dug( 5ft long), Wicker tunnels and fruit bushesto hide amongst. She still prefers to lounge in the sunshinewith her back legs sprawled out. She was pretty large when werescued her although she still manages to do "blinkeys" everyday. Fat and happy.

fee

bunnihun

Thanks for asking after chestnut. She is fine now and the vetgave her the all clear today. The lump was non malignant andshes going to be fine. Cornwall is the most beautiful placein the UK south of the scottish border.

fee

Latest posts

Back