A Sad Day. Skittles is gone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no skittles...havent heard him since yesterday.. put posters up today...maybe somebodys seen him. by now he could be to town...who knows

:( I was hoping he would have flown to his cage by now. I'm so sorry. Hopefully someone will have seen him...

(hugs)

Nadia

its looking like we wont see him again... but i guess you never know what could happen...

we're alsotrying to find an old horse of ours... we gave him to a friend of ours about a year ago..then she traded him to somebody else for a pony... then that person gave him awaybecause hegot hurt and almost died...all we know is that he cant be rode anymore because another horse jumped on him and hurt his neck.. we've been calling any add that sounds like him..got everybody we know trying to find him..been looking in the paper and online..calling all the riding places around here... he's 20 yr oldarabian gelding...was best friends with our horse Hotshot(23yr old arabian gelding)that wealready found. just hope we can find Czar and bring him home

Roed Czar:

czar.jpg

Well, it appears they can adapt quite well to life in the great outdoors. Maybehe couldn't fly all that well just because he wasn't in shape, but that can change pretty quick.

Here's a few stories...

A domestic parakeet[/b] escaped[/b] some years ago in Rossendale, Lancashire. It has since developed a relationship with several crows and magpies, having been accepted by them. Interestingly, it no longer feeds itself with its claws, instead using its beak like the other birds. Plus, the other birds' vocabularies have improved immensely, demonstrating a firm grasp of tenses, clauses and modern slang.
Doug, Edinburgh

From Los Angeles to Montreal, London to Madrid, parakeets are moving up the urban pecking order. The wild ancestors of pet store imports, these small parrots are moving into cities throughout North America and Europe. ... The monk parakeet, a native of South America, has proved itself a hardy settler, able to survive the winter freezes of Chicago and Montreal. As many as 150,000 of them are now thought to be living wild in Florida.

for National Geographic News
April 7, 2003

The ..lesson to be learned from Lexie is if your bird escapes, don't stop looking for it! Professional bird trainers will track birds that fly off for days. Do not assume that your bird will be immediately killed, and stop looking for him. The variety and quantity of feral parrots in this country show that they can[/b] survive[/b] in the wild. House pet parrots usually do not have good cardiovascular endurance, and they will tire quickly. Your lost bird probably has not travelled very far. Look all over your neighborhood. Offer neighborhood children a reward if they find your bird. Kids will stop at nothing to make a few bucks, and if all the local kids are looking at once, maybe the bird will be sighted. Parrots can[/b] blend in with trees very well. In the morning and evening, listen for your parrot's call. Often the bird will be very close by, but silent, so you will not see him. Be tireless in your efforts. It will be easier to find your bird if you don't let much time pass.
Lexie: Bird of the Month (The Gabriel Foundation)

Yes thats true we have a lot of wild Parakeets living in London now. They can do quite well in the wild.

I hope you hear some news of Skittles soon!

we put an ad in the newspaper for skittleslast week. and yesterday we got a call from a woman 20min away from us. she said she found a bird at her birdfeeder that matched the description of skittles. so we loaded up and went to meet her...the parakeet she had wasnt skittles...but we brought him home with us anyways because the woman said she didnt know anything about taking care of birds... so , for now, we have a new parakeet named Smoothie.. he looks very similar to skittles... we're going to look in the papers to see if anybodys missing him..

smoothie.jpg

smoothie4.jpg

smoothie3.jpg

smoothie2.jpg

Aww, I'm so sorry you haven't been able to locate Skittles.

I am glad that you now have a new one that resembles him though, how exciting! That's nice that you wanted to take this one in, I'll look forward to updates!

Welcome, Smoothie! You're pretty!:)

Oh, when I saw you had updated this, I thought that Skittles had turned up :(. I am pleased that you have taken Smoothie on - he does look kinda like him, and he's a boy too :). I am still hoping that someone, somewhere has got Skittles!

Jan

so far Smoothie is adjusting pretty good...he is pretty tame..he's already learning to sit on your finger, and when you talk to him he comes to the side of the cage and closes his eyes...the way he acts it just seems like he was somebodys pet that got out..he flew right down to the woman who caught him..when the new paper comes we'll look for lost birds

i went to petsmart yesterday to get him some new stuff, and they had a whole cage of parakeets colored like skittles:(

Aw, I'm so sorry Skittles hasn't come back yet. When I saw the update I really hoped he had.

Smoothie is lucky to have you :)

As for a really random question, why do the pics have a 2005 date on them? lol, It confused my tiny mind.

oh I am so sad to hear about your budgie

I have four I used to have 7 they are such fun little birds

I hope he comes home safe & sound

maybe you could bring out smoothi out side to chirp to skittles

here are my fids

lookatusa.jpg

Latest posts

Back