A question about handling a rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRGBUGS

Reaction score
I've had my rabbit for about a month or so. (He's a Cinnamon rabbit) I have a question about how to pick him up, because I've tried the treat method where you lure them to get the treat if they behave good, they get a treat and he grabs the treat, and runs to his favorite area to eat it. Do any of you think it might be a little too early for him to feel comfortable with me picking him up? He climbs on top of me at times and when I "ignore" him, he gets curious about what I'm doing. I need help on this, any comment would be appreciated.

Hiya, it's good your bunny is happy to explore and climb on you. Keep up with the treats but try small pieces so it's not worth running away with them and he sticks around for the next bit. You can also try touching him, stroking his back etc. don't worry if he runs at first - let him. He's just learning that he can run if he wants but nothing bad happens. Eventually he won't bother running. Once he's happy wit that then try putting your hands where you'd need to to be able to pick him up and once he's happy with that then try picking him up just a little and putting him down again. Your bun really needs to trust you with touching before picking up is easy :)

Back