A Question about broken does...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I'm sitting here and watching Buttercup pull yetMORE fur for her nest. For the record - she refuses to usenestboxes...so I let her make her own style of nest. The other day shemade an awesome nest (I'll have to take a photo) and just FILLED itwith fur....

Then when she gave birth - she stuck her HEAD in the nest and had the babies in the middle of the cage....

:shock:

Anyway - on to my question. She's pulling more fur and I'm noticing that ALL the fur she's pulling is white.

Then I got to thinking about my other broken does. I've never seen anyfur in their nest that wasn't white...never the color of their pattern.

What about y'all? Have you ever had a broken doe pull fur that wasn't white?

Just wondering if my does are strange...

...like me?

Peg

Hi! Peg

I'm just wonderingbecause I really Don't know:dunno:but could the white hairsbe finner,softer and the colored hairs be just a bit more coarse andMommy Bun knows this perhaps?

Sorry!But I about dyed Laughing when you said she had made this lovelynest then stuck her head insideit and had herlitter on the wire. :laugh:Silly Bunny!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Most of the fur is pulled from the belly, chest and dewlap - which in brokens is generally white fur :)

Pam

There are some brokens that are minimalwhites. In Mini Rex, these are referred to as"booteds".We actually have a couple genetic blackbrokens with just white toenails and a few white hairs.

Pam

Mine personally is white underneath and has awhite dewlap so i don't know where she pulled the coloured fur from, ireally didn't think about it at the time now you've got me wondering!

When Dodge pulled fur it was mostly white withlittle coloured tufts in it which she pulled from her shoulders andsides (broken tort).

Latest posts

Back