A Possible Treat???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Dried Cranberries as anextra treat this winter?

My forever loving,generous,thoughtfulGrandmother decided tooverload me withTONS of dried Cranberries this year. I can't seem to pawnthem off to anyone else (she's been generous to the wholefamily...lol.), and I would hate to see them go to waste. Ihave already put some in the freezer for next year (and probably theyear after :shock:) but I still havequite a bitleft. It got me thinking - How would the buns like a littleextra something special this season? Obviously I'm not goingto just fill their feed bowls with them - I'm talking maybe a pinch perrabbit, 'bout 2-4 berries each once a week,maybe twicea week but doubtful.

I tried looking on various websites andsuch trying to find at least a referrance to rabbits and Cranberries,but as of yet, I've had no luck. I don't want to start givingthem any without researching and getting opinions first.

Lookingforward to your responses!

~Sunshine

This site not only mentiones that cranberries areok as a treat, but it also has some awesome seasonal treat ideas forrabbits including an edible gift basket in addition to many other neatideas to make your rabbit's Christmas holiday special! (Wow -- that's along sentence! Too much caffeine today LOL)

http://www.beal-net.com/laluna/xmas.html

Pam

Hi Sunnie,

I've offered my rabbits fresh cranberries and none of them went for it. I was surprised, actually.

Don't know how they'd take to dried, but I also haven't found anything that said they'd be bad for them.

-Carolyn

P.S.

Personally, I love a bit of dried cranberries sprinkled in a salad.

:)

-Carolyn

well crasins are dried cranberries... I knowquite a few people feed them as a treat...Never had any myself...guessit depends on your buns tastebuds

Gabby wrote:
wellcrasins are dried cranberries... I know quite a few people feed them asa treat...Never had any myself...guess it depends on your bunstastebuds

Mr. Peabody just loves crasins. He grabs the bag right out of his box when I'm cleaning the cage.

Latest posts

Back