A long night and she is STILL going!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heth

Reaction score
I finally finished building Thumper's cage!! Itonly took me 2 weeks lol. She's been running around all evening andplaying and I thought it might settle her down for the move from onecage into a nother. Boy.. was I WRONG!! She's hopping around and stilldoing binkies! She also had her first taste of romaine tonight and shewas so cute. She put a piece in her mouth and started shaking her headlike she was attacking it! How much salad and treats should I give her?She's only 9 weeks old but still weighs a pound. I'm going to make herlook like a flemish even though she isn't if I don't stop spoiling her!;)

Hi Heth,:wave:

You don't want an obese rabbit. The extra weight is very hard on theirhearts and is really unhealthy for them fora number ofreasons. Sugar is bad for their systems, so treats inmoderation, and because your little one is still so young, many suggestthat you keep the greens in moderation as well because it can lead torunny stools.

Glad to hear she's enjoying her cage so much. She sounds like an absolute doll!

Have you checked out the Cheat Sheet? There's a link to it inthe "Top Picks" post. Go into it and check it out if youhaven't. The notes are helpful if you're new to rabbits, andthere's website links as well as links to book recommendations.

-Carolyn

Our vet and the breeder told us no veggies until Ellie was at least 6 months old. Just unlimited hay and pellets.

I agree what with everyone has said about feeding veggies and greens to a youngling.

However, it's so obvious she's thrilled with her new cage! It soundsadorable. Abby and Chompers were a bit afraid of the new cage when webuilt it last summer, but they quickly got used to it and loved it.Still do!

I feed mybabies what ever the mothers eat BUT takeinto concideration they all startedas soon as t hey could getout and scarf it awayfrom the mother , as long as it is onesmall piece at a time it reallycant hurt a lot just watch forloose poopies .

Latest posts

Back