A laugh for you all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Phone call I received this morning.

Hubby: Hiya dear guess what?

Me: What?

Hubby: One of the guy's at work's dog had puppies...he didn't even know the dog was pregnant.

Me: Oh.

Hubby: Guess what kind of puppies they are?

Me: The newborn kind?

Hubby: Ha ha ha!!!!!!

Me: Ok what kind?

Hubby: Well the mama is a yellow lab.

Me: Oh that's cool. (Waits to hear what kind of dog dad is or what they "think" dad is...I know hubby wants a 1/2 lab, 1/2 rott. We've been watching the shelters.)

Hubby: They're pretty sure the dad is the neighbor's black lab.

Me: Ok.

Hubby: They're really really really cute.

Me: Ok

Hubby: He said I can have one.

Me: How old are they?

Hubby: Two days old.

Me: How much does he want because I am not paying ANYTHING for a dog at this point dear.

Hubby: Free, they just need to find them homes.

Me: Ok

Hubby: So guess what you're getting for your birthday?

Me: Um.....let me guess?

Hubby: A puppy!!!!!!! He's gonna save me one of the black males. And we're gonna name it Rowdy. And he's gonna be an awesome dog for me and we're gonna love him!!!!

Me: Ah, so I'm gonna get a late birthday present?

Hubby: Yep, he's gonna be so awesome. Oh and I"ll even replace the rug cleaner so that's easier to keep up with him.

Me: Wow, thank you dear
smile.gif

So for my 38th birthday I am getting a male puppy of not completely known parentage that I get to house break and train and that hubby has named already. But hey I'm gonna have a new rug cleaner (Mine died 3 days ago) so that it will be easier to clean up all his puppy messes. All of this while dealing with realtors, movers (if we ever sell the house), teenagers, and work. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
[align=right]
progress.gif
[/align]

Ya might want to invest in a fur vac thing from CVS. I got one this week because I clean the house of someone with a black dog and a young yellow lab. Mr. Yellow lab has hair that is EVERYWHERE> The black dog was never an issue really when cleaning>

furvaclink

This does help a lot. You just rinse it off after each use..... kinda like a zoom groom brush.

CONGRATS on the pupper :)

I just had to laugh... sounds a LOT like my hubby. I'm impressed, you handled that rather well.

Our 6 month old puppy peed in the middle of our bed last night at 11 pm, cause my husband was wrestling with her and when she tried to run for the door, he kept dragging her back. So I couldn't yell at her... but I was (... ummm... what a good word....?) very ANNOYED... at the husband. I just LOVE changing everything at that time of night. (Guess what's hanging on my back yard line today!) :pullhair:

Guess you have a few weeks to prepare yourself...

Haha. As a single person I am always afraid I'll never find a guy who likes animals, so these stories are always encouraging. Of course, I'll have to have a huge barn to take care of all the animals we both bring home, but oh well.

Well if this house ever sells we'll be moving from Illinois to Texas with....are you ready for this.....now it'll be 3 dogs, 3 cats and a rabbit. I was trying to downsize. Think I better stop. Everytime I try to they add to our menagerie. Oh yah and 3 teenagers. And we'll ALL be in a Nissan Xterra for the 20+ hour trip.

TinysMom wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
(Guess what's hanging on my back yard line today!) :pullhair:
The husband - or the dog?

Just kidding...

LOL! All my blankets and sheets and matress pad and... you know...

Nah... I can't get mad at the dog. She TRIED to go out. He wouldn't let her. And he wonders why she is so difficult to train... maybe cause he's undoing everything I teach her to do! :banghead

Hmmmm.... yah know Peg, not a bad idea. If I raise the clothes line up a little so his feet don't touch the ground.... Nahhh, nevermind, it's OK, I'll keep him.

I don't know what's worse...

Husband bringing home animals...

Or offering a couple months ago to take on your neighbor's bun because they appear to not want it (it got out, looked like a bun someone'd dumped, and we were on our way home with it when they spotted us and told us it was their bun) and just when you absolutely cannot take anymore in, they offer the bun to you. UGH!! We had to say no...and it broke my heart...and it was literally just a few days after we decided to bring Elvis home from Jesse. All I can do is pray for the bun...we have nine of our own...we just cannot take another in, even to foster. UGH!!

:grumpy:

What is it with men and undoing the training you bust your butt teaching?

nermal71 wrote:
So for my 38th birthday I am getting a male puppy of not completely known parentage that I get to house break and train and that hubby has named already. But hey I'm gonna have a new rug cleaner (Mine died 3 days ago) so that it will be easier to clean up all his puppy messes. All of this while dealing with realtors, movers (if we ever sell the house), teenagers, and work. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

[align=right]
progress.gif
[/align]

that's a lot to deal with! BTW, what's the little swirly thing in the corner?

BlueGiants wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
(Guess what's hanging on my back yard line today!) :pullhair:
The husband - or the dog?

Just kidding...

LOL! All my blankets and sheets and matress pad and... you know...

Nah... I can't get mad at the dog. She TRIED to go out. He wouldn't let her. And he wonders why she is so difficult to train... maybe cause he's undoing everything I teach her to do! :banghead

Hmmmm.... yah know Peg, not a bad idea. If I raise the clothes line up a little so his feet don't touch the ground.... Nahhh, nevermind, it's OK, I'll keep him.

sounds like my BFF's little brother. she'dget their puppy going great,come over to myhouse for a few hours and.......you know.......not pretty:?

don't forget to vote in the hoppy holiday contest guys(link at top of every page!)!

It has something to do with the copy and paste feature. I posted this to two forums I belong on and it showed up there. I tend to type things out and then copy and paste to keep from losing it (I've lost quite a few posts in my time).

Latest posts

Back