a horrible thanksgiving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
one of my outside dogs Haley(6 year old goldenretriever)had to be put to sleep today... she was fine earlier and when i got home from my moms house she couldn't walk... and one of my dogs is missing and another one of my dogs is really sick peeing blood and wont let anyone touch him... he is at the vets but doesn't look like he will make it.... I am assuming the deer hunters did something to them because my dogs bark at them... they hunt on the next lot over.... I hope everyone elses thanksgiving is better than mine....

Oh sweetie...I'm sooo sorry for what you are going through. :tears2:If those hunters did something to your dogs...:nonono:

I hope you feel better...:hug:

OH NO! I hate the thought of anyone messing with my animals. I sincerely hope that isn't the case, but if it is, I hope you can catch the people that did it!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the dog at the vets makes a recovery. I am so sorry someone could be so cruel.

Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. Is it possible they got into something? Have you checked around for any open/spilled bottles?

I hate to think people did this to them- how horrible. I am so sorry. I'll be praying for your family (both human and canine alike).

I'm so sorry! I hope your other dog is found and the other other one is feeling better! And RIP to the other other other. :pray:

Oh, how awful. What a nightmare. I'm so sorry to hear about it and will be thinking about your missing dog and the one at the shelter. What a horrible day, and what kind of person could do that?!?

I just got the call from the vets and the other dog Pumpkin passed away.... He was only! year old (pomeranian) ...I am so angry right now .... I feel like blaring a radio outside as loud as i can to scare away the deer... but i won't .... I know that it wont help.... but I think that I will call our local game warden out because i am sure that some people who are hunting down past my road are doing so illegal... I am the last house on our road....everyone rides four wheelers down at the end of our rd. and my husband and I were riding and found a young deer that someone skinned and only took the back strap and guess what.... this deer wasnot tagged... It wont be the same riding the four wheeler anymore because pumpkin always rode it with us.... he demanded his rides.... who ever did this is heartless.... my kids don't know yet about pumpkin they do know about haley (except my middle daughter who is the biggest aninmal lover) I don't know how to tell her... It will break her heart....She is spending the night at her cousins house... I am going to bed... thank you all for your thoughts ... this had to be my worst thanksgiving ever....

Haley wrote:
Oh my gosh I am so so sorry. Is it possible they got into something? Have you checked around for any open/spilled bottles?

I hate to think people did this to them- how horrible. I am so sorry. I'll be praying for your family (both human and canine alike).
there is no way they could have gotten into anything because they are penned up in a yard with a shed that is ony used for them to sleep in... there is nothing kept in that yard or the shed but them.... when we first moved here we had a black weinie dog mix that a hunter shot... the hunters were mad we moved out here because they used to hunt on our property before we bought it....

Haley wrote:

there is no way they got into anything... they are penned up in their own yard with a shed that they slept in and there is nothing in there but them...

8years ago when we first moved here we had a dachsund mix that someone shot and killed.... the hunters were mad because they used to hunt on this property before we moved here... but we never had a problem since...

That's horrid, i hope you find your last dog and those people that did this.....................tut,tut.....................................ON THANKSGIVING, TOO:shock2::nonono::tears2:

I'm so sorry for your losses. That is such a shame.

I wish I knew what to say to make things better.

Peg

there is still no signs of the other dog... I have walked thru the woods looking for his body in case the killed him but there is no signs of him.... as for trying to catch who did this will probably never happen as there is about 15-20 people who hunt at the end of our road (at different times)... I only know a few of them plus teenagers go down there to go mudding and partying... the sherriffs department was suposed to patrol down there from time to time but we never see them... and when we call them out they usaully dont come out..... One time i had to stand in front of a car and refuse to move until they deputy got here just to get them to show up when someone almost ran my nephew over... the speed down her like it is a major highway... most of the time they are drunk teenagers.... i am still going to try to locate my dog "knucles" he will hopefully show up soon...I need to know one way or another....

than you to everyone keeping us in there thoughts... I am feeling a little better today... I decided to put up my christmas tree ... I will always miss my dogs but i know life goes on no matter how much we hurt and I have my children and my sweet bunnies to help me thru this....

Omigosh...what a horrible thing to be going through; such a terrible loss. I'm so sorry bat....:sad:

All I can do is offer you cyber-hugs :hug:

:bigtears:

This is sick, your poor dogs and family, i just pray your other dog was just scared but it all and escaped, and will be found safe and well. My thoughts are with you.

we are hoping that or that someone just took him... he was really pretty and sweet....( i think if he was scared that he would have been home by now) I puy fresh food out so if he does come home its there...

I've just read this and I am so sorry :(

Hunters like that need to .... grrrrrr....... I just can't even think of what to do to them for it!

I am soo sorry about your dogs! Is there anything you can do law-wise about this? Can your vet even give you any assurance that they were poisoned?

They were poisoned and as for the law they are no help.... we are s far out they rarely come out when called.... I have complained... Last summer my husband called about someone tying to dogs together and tying them to a tree at the end of our road... one of the dogs died and had been dead for awhile as he was covered in maggots and the other one was still alive but the wait of the other dog madehis collar grow into his neck and it was full of magots ... my husband had no choice but to shoot the other dog as he couldnt get them seperated and he was suffering... he called the sherriffs department and alll they said was so what do you want us to do about it?

Still can not locate my other dog... I walked around in the woods alittle...But i am afraid those stupid hunters will shoot me... and its been cold and rainy so if he died you can't smell anything... I have been looking to see if there have been in buzzards flying around ... but havent seen any...

Latest posts

Back