A great book to read!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
Has anyone else read Watership Down? I just finished reading it recently and loved it. When I was a kid I saw the cartoon/movie version but had never actually read the book. It's about rabbits (of course) but I never knew how much research on rabbit behavior had been done when the novel was in the development stages. Anyway, if you like to read it's worth a look-see! :biggrin2:

It's about a warren of bunnies whose home is about to be destroyed by a new housing development being built in the field where they live. The story follows a small group of the bunnies that decide to leave and travel to a non-human inhabited area to start a new warren. There's a bit of the supernatural in too bc one of the bunnies has visions, and of course you must suspend reality since the rabbits can talk. But I've always loved this story and hope others will too! :biggrin2:

I love this book! The second one is pretty good, but not as intense. I read them both outloud to my buns. It was a big part of gaining Cinderella's trust. I would lay on the floor and read it to them as a bed time story and they would hop all over me.

I need to find another good bunny book to continue the tradition. So far I have been reading "health" magazine and they really don't like it as well.

Ohh I love this idea! I'm going to do that with my bunny! Right after I finish reading Circle of Friends. The hubby bought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and bunny tried to take a good chomp out of it yesterday.:rollseyes

Back