a friend for my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzylinda

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this post belongs here so sorry if it doesn't, new to this site. I have a rabbit, willie, he's 4 years old, only adopted him 6 months ago. He is an indoor rabbit, sleeps in his hutch at night and has free reign of downstairs during the day. He is very affectionate and loves company and attention, but I'm worried that he is lonely during the day when I am out, he hasn't been neutered and I have been given differing advice about this, some say I should have him neutered and others think its too late in his life, any advice is welcome....

I know that I will have to get him neutered if he is to get a pal and that I should pick a spayed female for him.

He only shows aggression when I am sweeping up, he runs at the brush, growls and attacks it, not sure if he enjoys this or is genuinely aggitated by it and see's it as a threat, if so would he see another rabbit in the same way?

Lisa

Maybe if your friends have rabbits set up a bunny play date. See how he reacts to another rabbit. I know mine doesn't like the the sweeping pan and she does attack it if she can. Yet she is very good around other rabbits if I go to a friends house. She gets along with my other friends cat.

But my rabbit is a girl so I don't know how it would be for a boy.

thanks olivia, unfortunately none of my friends have rabbits but mite put a message on a local site to see if anybody might allow me to introduce my rabbit to theirs to see how it goes..appreciate your fast reply :D

Hi, I wouldn't' suggest you introducing your rabbit to just any bunny. What happens if they really get along then all of a sudden you take him away, I think he would be even sadder. :(

If it was me I woulddefinitely get him fixed then find a rescue and go there to look for a mate for him. Just my opinion.

Susan:)

cheers susan, i live in ireland and its so hard to find a rescue centre for rabbits here, loads and loads for cats and dogs though...hopefully i'll figure something out, seeing everyone elses pic's of their bunnies cuddled up together really makes me want to get one so that he has company...
thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back