a feww new momma questions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erin

Reaction score
:)I was wondering can bunnies eat apples? whatkind of wood is ok for them to chew on?. sorry for all these questionsI am a new momma and want to provide her with the best !!

oh Erin , what a sweety . bunny nappin time lol

Apple wood is agood wood for thenmmto chew on and ithink alder , and beech dontquote on beech as im noittoo sure i stick withmaple and Apple woodthey seem to like it best

Looks like she's trying toget to the Hershey Kisses!;)I don't blame her!LOL!Such a cutie!! Hope to see morepics!

Ally:)

(Whoops, those are Hershey Chocolate Eggs! Which makes it more tempting!!)

Rabbits can eat apples, but bunnies shouldn't.You should not give your bunny ANY fresh foods unless they are at least4-6 months old. Young rabbits have very sensitive digestive systems andcan not yet handle fresh foods. When they are old enough, you cangradualy introduce them to veggies, but fruits should be limited tovery occasional small treats. Fruits are high in sugar (as well ascarrots). Sugar is hard on a rabbits digestive system, very fattening,and if given too much, it can cause an overgrowth of the bad type ofbacteria in their gut.

I hear apple branches are good for chewing. Just make sure they haven't been treated with any sprays or pesticides.

And I just gotta say that your bunny is adorable!!!

If you go to the top of the board, you will see a topic called

The Rabbit Care Cheat Sheet. It answers the questions you'veasked and has more information. You should read it. It really is good.Very cute Bunny.

Tina

attachment.php

Aww! I just LOVE this picture here! she looks soo adorable!
So tiny and fragile. I just wanna squeeze her!
Can you hug her for me??! :p

Latest posts

Back