A few questions on breeding and a missing hair mystery...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redthunderrabbits

Reaction score
I have a Netherland Dwarf doe and Holland lop doe that I bred. I am a very strict record keeper so I write down when I breed and to whom, and when to put boxes in at day 20 I also make note that rabbits are due on day 27 to 32. At 34 days I take the boxes out if no babies were born. Last week I noticed my Holland doe was missing patches of hair. On her butt and on her underbelly, I didn’t see any hair at all in her cage, in the wire or in the box. She has also been using the nest box as a toilet. Yesterday was day 34 for both doe’s I went out and removed the box from the Holland. When I reached in for the Nd’s box she growled at me, I noticed her box was clean and during the time the box has been in the cage I haven’t had to clean it (Unlike Elvira the Holland’s). I also noticed a tiny bit of hair in the back of the box. I was wondering what does everyone think of this and is 34 days the right time to assume my doe’s aren’t bred??

You could wait one more day but after that I would consider it a false pregnancy. I have two does due right now and it's day 30 for one and she isn't pulling hair yet but I know she pregnant because you can actually see where litter legs or arms move across her tummy. For better chance of breeding, mate them multiple times thru out the day.

This is the one thing I loved about Hollands. They always have their babies at 31 days exactly. (32 maybe depending on the doe). If she's using it as a litter box , I doubt she is pregnant.

Wait another day for the ND

Latest posts

Back