A few questions actually.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherMarie

Reaction score
1) First and foremost, I have a question. 2 female rabbits (jailbreak and rascal), they are a little less than 3 months old. and Jailbreak will not stop humping Rascal. Is there anyway I can stop them?:lalalala: kinda grosss lol

2) <Sorry all three of these are completely different topics> didn't there used to be a link on the main page for the Today on R.O. Newsletter? maybe i'm just making it up, but i don't have time to get on here like i used to and i'm having Bun Withdrawls.:sigh:

3) How do you get the rabbits to sit still for cute planned pictures. My lovely adorable buns DESERVE <hehe> some good pictures esp. w. Easter comin up,:mrsthumper: but the only way they sit still is if i have my hand on their behind and that makes me in the picture too

(1) Are your rabbits spayed? And have you made sure they are what sex they are. I know there have been several times on here where the 'gender faerie' has visited members on the board and the rabbit ended up being a diferent gender than first thought. I would suggest seperating them until you can make sure they are spayed because Rascal may get hormonal too and they could get in to a fight, especially with Jailbreak humping her. Or they could be diferent genders which could result in babies.

(2) no clue, lol

(3) I have tried pellets, craisens and other tastey things to get them to stay still. However, normally I just take a lot of pictures and will get one or two good ones. When Skye was a baby it was nearly impossible to get a good picture of her. Maybe if you let them run around and explore the set some they would relaw and then you could get some good pictures.

Thank you both! Should they still be seperated even tho they're only 2 1/2 months old? thats still 1-2 months before rabbits can make babies right? they were born Dec 27th....

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's 12 weeks when bunnies are able to start making littler bunnies....

You'd only need to separate them if they were being aggressive towards each other... My girls, Mouse and Chalk humped each other a bit before they were spayed, just for dominance, nothing too serious. But you should really make sure that they are BOTH girls, just to be on the safe side, otherwise you'll have a lot more buns on the way! :shock:My advice would be to get that checked, asap, just to put your mind at rest....

And no idea on the pictures, mine are just the same, lol! I find if you put them somewhere unfamiliar they tend to stay still more, like on the bed or table or something maybe?! :)

Jen :)

Back