A few neutering Qs :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morning_Snow

Reaction score
I bet you guys get these all the time, but I have only really looked into spays and can't find alot of info on neuters (rather then get it done when his testies drop) so I hope you guys don't mind :happybunny:
First off, my new rabbit is 5 weeks old. I also have a doe who is much larger then him (he isn't even a pound, she is 5 or so pounds) would they be able to play together, or will she hurt him because of hormones? (she is not spayed yet) or is it possible he can breed with her? (to many pet rabbits in the world to risk it...)
Also, I have never seen or felt testies on a rabbit before, so how will I know when they drop? around what time do they drop? Should I get him neutered as soon as they drop, or after he has grown a certain age? Thank you all in advance!

from what the vet doc told me, it would be good around 6 wks ( but I gave it more, it case there was a snag w/ gravity ). I waited around at around 3 mths for borderline charlie to get his man hood taken away. it was must, he really had other things on his mind before ( hormones ).

with the girl, I waited around 2 yrs before she got fixed ( she to, had an argue w/ the hormones kicking in ). so w/ both of them being fixed, they mellowed out a bit.

Latest posts

Back