A few bonding questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
We are bonding our 4 bunns. 3 are already bonded. Our 2 girls came as a bonded pair right from the store. We bonded them with a mini lop male from the Humane Society. These 3 have been bonded for about 4 months(a case of love at first sight). Now we are attempting to bond another male to the other 3. I have a fewquestions for any of you who have bonded multiple bunns. We have built a bunn pen so the boys are housed together side by side at night. To do this we seperate him from the girls...put the girlsin the reg bunn room and lock him up in the library beside his new brother. (since the one male is aggressive to the new one).

-Should we seperate the already bonded bunns like this?? Our other option is to put the new bunns pen in the bunn room. But we were afraid they might pester him at night. And the new bunn won't get to see the bunns during the day since they spend most of their time in the livingroom! We still let the bonded male out during the day to run and play with the girls, we just lock him up at night. The other boy is let out in the morning andonce the other bunns are locked up for the night.

-Should we try to bond the new boy with the girls first? That way we could let the boys out in alternating turns with the girls until they are bonded. Or should we focus on the boys bonding first? We already know the one girl is head over heels in love with the new boy...:?

Any opinions/ideas would be appreciated!

Dani

I'll post a pic of our setup as soon as I can snag my sis camera!:D

Latest posts

Back