A day too early for me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binky Bunnies

Reaction score
Looks like today was my last day with the girls:(:(The rescue had a change of plans and will have to takethem tomorrow. I spent the entire day spoiling the little ones rotten.Iknew this would be hard..I just really hope they find apermanent home where they'll get the same treatment I gave them. Plentyof love and good food too. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who'sbeen so nice to me since I've come here, that I really appreciateit,and to wish good luck to the girls, that theyfinda wonderful home.

You will be in my thoughts today. I know this is going to be difficult, but it was the only option.

Pam

I'm so sorry!

I can't imagine what you're going through. I'd be devastated. My heart goes out to you.

-Carolyn

Well, two babies lost and one gained. Here's the story:

After dropping off the babies (I cried the whole way there and in thestore :(Hardest day of my life) I thought we were goingstraight home. See, earlier in the day I was at my grandparents houseand my mother was going to pick me up with the rabbits. Anyways, afterdropping them off she told me we were going somewhere special and tojust wait until we got there. About an hour and a half later, we wereat a ranch with horse corrals and miniature horses in the front alongwith some draft horses and a couple of Aussie sheepdogs. We walked upto the house where a small cage with a baby bunny was waiting. Thewoman who lived there explained to me that my mother had paid for thebunny in advance after hearing that I would have to take back my girlsand that he was a sandy Flemish buck, about8 weeks old (he's7 weeks and 4 days today). Unknowingly, my mother had purchased a showquality bunn not thinking there was any difference I guess.

My mom was so upset that our landlord had forced us to take back thegirls, that she decided to get me this little dude knowing that I had asoft spot for Flemish. When we came home, the pen was completely set upwith new hay, litterboxes, mats, and toys. My mom had spent about halfan hour cleaning everything up and putting new stuff in for me. Thelandlord said we could only have one rabbit, she never said anythingabout the size of it. Even though I'm heartbroken about losing mybabes, hopefully this guy can ease the pain a bit. He's such asweetheart, already loves being pet and held, -begs- for attention. Didbinkies the minute after I put him in his pen. I'm sure I'll be onlineplenty asking questions and posting stories. Hopefully I won't get tooannoying for ya guys :DI'll post photos of him soon and alsophotos of my girls so youcan see how beautiful they are. Oh,and the little boy's name is Atticus.

That's GREAT!

Your Mom is :cool:too cool! I bet you felt TERRIFIC after that SURPRIZE!!!

Best of luck to you and you new Flem.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Back