A day in the life of Michelle & Pets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, Ceara is gorgeous! And I see what you mean with the roundness about her belly :biggrin2: I'm glad you clarified how to pronounce her name because I automatically assumed it was pronounced like Keira.

I can finally sign in as myself again woohoo!

Thanks you lovely young ladies, Ceara is very pleased you like her pictures.

I have some of the rats, so for those who are rat-squeemish, don't look!

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04821.jpg

DSC04829.jpg

DSC04838.jpg

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04840.jpg

DSC04841.jpg

DSC04843.jpg

Oooh! The ratties are so cute! You'd better board up the house, if Amy see's this you're in trouble!:p They really are cute, nice coloring too.

I can't believe babies are coming, how exciting! Whoohoo! I can't wait for pics!

Oh I missed that Ceara may be pregnant! That will be exciting! Yay baby bunners! :D

Ahh the ratties are so cute, I really really want ratties, it's so unfair. :disgust:

Ceara had 6 babies, all huge and all still-born, really sad :(. She's fine though and recovered well (it was a few days ago). Four were, I am guessing, coloured like her, and two were a blue version. They already had a bit of fur so it's like she went over her due date?

On the people front, Mat handed in his notice at work so we are both busy rushing to find jobs and sort out money etc. He's also hurt his back again which doesn't help so it's up to me to somehow find a well paying job in the next two weeks.

:pullhair:

If worst comes to worse we may have to part ways for a bit and go live with our parents, hopefully things don't get that bad.

We both want to go study fulltime, him in digital design & 3D modelling and me something similar but more image manipulation based, but the student allowance is only $184 a week and no one can live on that, unless you go move back in with your folks :headsmack. Our grocery bill for the week alone is $150.

Anyway some big things to think about I suppose!

Oh no, that's so sad. I'm sorry that happened, both for you and Ceara. It can be pretty stressful for a doe to be moved while pregnant, so the breeder really should've known whether or not she was pregnant and not moved her until she was due if he was suspicious. At least she's ok now and you don't have to worry about that.

Best of luck in your job hunting. January is such a tough time with school fees/tuition due, rent, christmas credit card payments, taxes coming up, etc. I guess we'll just have to tighten our belts.

Ceara is a beautiful girl, can't wait for more pictures of her! I'm sorry about the babies, I'm sure that's really hard for you.

Good luck on the job hunt! I don't know if I could move back in with my parents, I would go insane :panic: *Yay! I've always wanted to use that smiley but never had the opportunity!!*

I'm so sorry - I haven't checked blogs in DAYS and I decided to check your blog (first one I've checked tonight)...and I read about Ceara losing her babies. I'm so sorry...

After seeing the pictures of her I'd have to say that yes - she definitely LOOKED pregnant.

I'm sorry about you having to scurry around to find a job - I know that feeling. I've been filling out a lot of applications - have an interview on Wednesday for one job I think I'd really like...but I also submitted my resume today for another job I think I'd really like - I just really dread going back to work full-time.

Anyway -enough about me...

I love your rattie pictures - you must share more of them .... as long as they don't come here to live - I'm fine with them.

And your new girl is so cute...I hope you find you can bond with her.

Don't worry, the rats are staying here :cool:. You don't have to comment on them if you don't like them, honestly doesn't worry me one bit. I don't feel I need to have everyone like them. I don't like guinea pigs and find them creepy so we all have a pet that we don't like, that others love. I can tell you're not that keen on ratties :p.

Rats do take a bit of getting used to, but they appeal to the little kid side of me. Their cage is like a dolls house that needs carpet (well, fleece flooring) and furniture, it tickles me pink to do sewing for them. Plus they give a lot of affection.

Cearas kits were quite large so I think the dad bun must have been a large rabbit. They all came out bruised and elongated (pencil kits?). Some had bloody noses :(.

Ceara is still fine and very hormonal, she's backing up to anything that moves and raising her tail, that hussy!

I like your ratties! :p I would probably never own them, because I find their smell icky, but they are cute. I won't own ferrets for that reason. I'll play with other people's rats and/or ferrets, but I will never bring one home! :) I like your little one-eyed guy! He's cute!

My rats don't smell? :huh No more than a rabbit, they just smell like a nice sweet fur sort of smell. You'd have to bury your nose in their fur to smell anything. Even then it's not a bad smell, just a furry smell. Sweet and hairy haha.

They are really clean little animals, they spend hours grooming themselves and eachother, and they are litter trained.

I could see they might smell if they are left to sit around on stuff they've pee'd on, but I wouldn't let that happen. And man are they great on my allergies! I sneeze just being near a bunny and break out in hives, nothing with the ratties.

I love walking into the pet-room and yelling "Raattttiiies!" and seeing them get all excited and popcorning :tongue.

I don't think we are allowed ferrets in NZ, they kill all our native birds, but I'd like some chinchillas one day. I enjoy rodents.

I thought the reason why ferrets may be smelly is that They are meat eating. Rats eating only vegetable matter shouldn't. I have a gerbil that is just amazingly clean even though i am not all that fastidious in cleaning the tank. There's no smell whatsoever.

To be honest I'm not sure how I'd feel about rats i just know one thing I wouldn't want a big fat wild one in my house:(

I thought I had a phobia of mice before I got our gerbil (present for my son) I think sometimes your parents can introduce those fears in you. I still remember my mum shuddering when she talked about any sort of rodent. Even hamsters!

The first night we had the gerbil I couldn't sleep because I was creeped out he'd gnaw through his cage and scurry around in the house. It took me weeks before I would touch him and at first all may hairs stood on end. I love playing with him now (more than my son) and he loves coming up to my hand sniffing for treats.

I can imagine it's the same with rats. There's a lot of prejudice against them because of their reputaion of being a pest and a health hazard. But look at those cute little guys you have there. Awwww

I can't believe I have missed your new blog until now! :shock:

I'm so sorry about Ceara's babies :( Poor thing. I'm glad she's doing ok.... She's so beautiful, I love her pics!

And I love the pictures of the ratties- the one of them licking your finger (I'm sorry, I don't remember which name is which!) is just adorable! I never would have thought that rats would lick people! I don't know why, it just didn't occur to me...

Good luck to you and Matt with the job hunting, as well- that sounds so stressful! I hope you guys find something :hug:

Hey Sabine! My ratties eat meat :D, they have dry dog food in their mix as well as eating fresh meat every couple of days. Maybe I have special strange smell-less rats? :? They need meat, they are omnivors like humans.

I know most people can't stand rats, I would have been creeped out at them when I was a little kid. I mean, guinea pigs scare me :p, something about them, ugh, they are so creepy! Their weird stumpy bodies combined with that huge head and long strange mouth *shudder*. They make me feel irratated and grossed out at the same time.

It would be a natural human instinct to not like rats I would say.

I actually find they are more playful, affectionate and cuddly than rabbits are, and less destructive. Maybe once they are older they wont be, but I am having them neutered when they reach 300 grams anyway, which should help I hope.

Jen the white one is Pirate, he's only got one eye, and the coloured one is Patch. He's got a patch of fur in the shape of a rabbit on his back which is neat. They groom with who they are bonded too so they groom me a lot, and eachother. They get so excited when I go to cuddle them, they leap out at me and snuggle under my shirt bruxing (nattering their teeth in excitment) and then they try and lick my ears and face lol!

Wow I never knew they ate meat. Shows again how little i know. I always thought they were just overgrown mice (sort of):biggrin2:

Actually i should have known thinking of it. Seen enough horror films.... I just didn't connect your cutie rats with those

NZminilops wrote:
Jen the white one is Pirate, he's only got one eye, and the coloured one is Patch. He's got a patch of fur in the shape of a rabbit on his back which is neat. They groom with who they are bonded too so they groom me a lot, and eachother. They get so excited when I go to cuddle them, they leap out at me and snuggle under my shirt bruxing (nattering their teeth in excitment) and then they try and lick my ears and face lol!
Oops! I knew that Pirate only had one eye, but I didn't think I could see which one was missing an eye in the picture..... Either that or I was just having another blonde moment lol :embarrassed:

They sound so cute! I never would have thought of rats being such great pets before I joined here and heard about Amy's, and now yours!

Back