A day in the life of Michelle & Pets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Hello :wave:,

I've decided to make a fresh start with blogs, as many people do when a new year begins. I left it a bit late, but I was never one to do things when they were meant to be done.

My precious Sakura passed away this month. I'm not ignoring her here, by not discussing it, but there is a time and place to grieve and I'm just not feeling like wallowing in misery today. Some time this week though I want to gather some of my favourite pictures of her though, and post in here.

Right now, I've been trying to get used to Ceara, the new bun. I got her as a friend for Sakura, not ever dreaming Sakura could ever leave me.

Ceara is possibly pregnant, so that's been a worry. No idea who the daddy bun would be, hopefully of a similar size to her. Still not sure if she actually is though so not stressing too much about it, but she's showing the signs.

I was supposed to get some pictures of her so Peg could help me indentify her buldgy middle but my camera is AWOL.

Brewster the cat is good as per usual, and the rats are happy as larry. They're good little dudes. The pee and poo an aweful lot though, hehe.

You know the neat thing about blogs?

You do what you can...as you can...its your blog and you decide what its all about.

So glad you're gonna share about the cat and the rats in here....and when you're up to it -I'd love to see pics of Sakura too. I'll also enjoy seeing pictures of Ceara too...

Anyway - glad to see you're starting a new blog for a new year...and talk about not doing things when you're supposed to......

.... Art & I took our honeymoon - on our first anniversary.

We did a big "get away from the kids" type of anniversary celebration - on our 11th anniversary because we couldn't afford to do anything on our 10th.

This year is our 30th anniversary and we'd hoped to renew our vows at the Ren Faire - looks like we'll be too broke..

...and trust me you don't wanna know about our 25th anniversary - cause we didn't do anything special other than have a fight!!!!

My point? It doesn't matter about timing - do what works for you...(hopefully no fights though - they're not fun).

Yay! I'm glad we get to keep up with your crew! The pics of Ceara on the RB thread are so pretty--I can't wait for more. How exactly do you pronounce her name? Plus, I have a soft spot for your ratties (can't believe I'm saying that I like rats!).

I say it like sierra - sea air-rah, sorta? Some people say see ahh raah though. I don't mind either way :). It's like how people say Sarah differently.

I think the camera is in the closet somewhere, I'm sure I saw something small and grey in there when digging around for my socks :p. Hopefully I find it!

Peg, I'm such a procrastinator, I don't think I ever manage to get anything done on the day it was meant to be. I have several damp piles of laundry just begging to be dried...3 days ago, haha.

Today I really felt and saw lots of movement in Cearas tummy. Pushing and kicking sort of things, so I guess she is pregnant.

Still can't find my camera, but this is what she looks like from above right now:

ceara.jpg

Uber-cute paint doodle huh :p.

Wow baby bunnies:) She was from a breeder though wasn't she? Did they not warn you?

That'll be so exciting. tough though not knowing exactly when she's due.
AAAAhhh cute little nethie babies:inlove:

It is exciting :), hopefully it goes well, she has had litters before so should be ok. She's messed around with hay a bit, but hasn't done any real nesting.

Lets just hope daddy rabbit was a nethie (they have lots of different breeds of bun). Fingers crossed.

It'll hopefully become clear once the babies are there. And if not then Hapy guessing:)

No way :shock:! Sorry but once you've sold a bunny, you don't have any rights to it or it's offsrping afterwards. She's tattooed and her BRC number has been transfered to my name.

It is very exciting :D! Been a long time since we've had baby buns in the house.

They know she's probably pregnant because I've emailed them in great annoyance and asked who the sire could be, they weren't very helpful on that subject. They say most likely a sable nethie who was in the cage next to hers. Could also be a wild bun as they've had a few hanging around, if they cme out agouti then that'll be the case.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but just to clear up, I'm an adult and have had litters in the past, I should be able to cope with it fine :). Granted I've been pretty low since Sakura passed away and reacted badly to it, but I can handle little cute baby bunnies just fine. Just saying as a few people have PM'd me concerned that I can't cope (I'm fine, really :p). Nice that people are concerned though but we are all okie dokie here right now.

I think this was probably meant to be. Where is life there's death and one of these little babies might well be sakura's reincarnation (even if this sounds weird:))
And I am sure you'll cope just fine!

When she pops, trust me, you're gonna see so many pics you're going to hate me :p. I did find my camera today, it's charging, so I'll have some of her later, at least :D.

After my big spiel about being fine and all grown up, I went and fell down the stairs :embarrassed:

...er yeah, so maybe I do need a little adult supervision, haha :tongue.

Great. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.......
And do hold on to the bannister - picures get shaky otherwise:biggrin2:

Mum can't get her username to sign in and she's lazy, so I snuck outside and got a kind sparrow to take some pictures of me to upload!

Here I am, aren't I grand?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

P.S: Er, mum says I gots to tell ya that she didn't pick me up at all, aparently I'm having some children soon so she's gotta be gentle with me. I was a good girl and walked into a box and got carried like a princess, then I walked out of the box onto the table and back in again when I was told to. It must have been a one night stand because I don't remember being in no bun relationships recently!

P.P.S: I used to live outside so my coat is a bit sunburnt.

Latest posts

Back