A cup of veggies is how much?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Bunny

Reaction score
I have a very small lionhead bun, probably 2 lbs? She's fully grown now too at around 14 weeks (3.5 months old). Anyways, i know they say one cup of veggies per like 3 lbs. But how much is that? I give her parsley, those baby carrots, celery, carrot tops, apple, etc. For instance in a day i give her a handful of parsley (it's so small!), a piece of celery and like 3 baby carrots. I'm not really sure how to measure this in cups!

This is a glass measuring cup, and what is reffered to when you read/hear about measuring things in cups:

measuring-cup.jpg

Emily

Yes, i realize that's a measuring cup... lol.

I was thinking more along in pieces, like how many veggies do you guys give your buns in pieces? As throwing a veggie in a cup is sometimes hard to measure exactly. Plus we feed her like 3 times a day so it gets to be quite annoying i would imagine trying to measure it out!

dry_measuring_cups.jpg

Hi Daisy Bunny,

I use a dry measures (above)

I toss some veggies into a 1 cup measure till it over flows a tiny little bit.

I know what you mean about measuring veggies... obviously there's a difference in the amount of veggies your going to get into that '1 cup measure' if your buying them finely chopped, chopping them fairly large, how much the leaves "fluff" up in the cup.. and so on...

anyways =)

I hope this is helpful

Latest posts

Back