a bunny was attacked in my yard!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

Reaction score
we have a small rabbit warren between my yard and the neighbor's yard, i've enjoyed watching their comings and goings. well a few days ago, i found some blood and some bunny ppos and tufts of fur, so we think one of the local hawks got one of the rabbits.
what concerns me is that while i was able to clean up most of the blood there is still a pretty good stain on the sidewalk, number one, how do i get rid of it without scaring the rest of them off (I.E using bleach or cleaner that will kill the grass). and number two will this scare the rest of them off? i'm concerned because i think there may be a nest in the bushes as i have seen rabbits coming and going on a fairly regular basis.

water and a scrub brush should take it off a hard surface no issue.
Bleach will evaporate fairly quickly so you could use that.
or hydrogen peroxide as it will bubble when it comes in contact with organic substances like blood.

Maybe instead of bleach, all I can think is a vinegar baking soda solution. And try to do it as quickly as possible so you don't scare them too much. Hopefully they are sort of used to people or they wouldn't be in a place near a sidewalk.

While I was posting Watermelon beat me by 1 minute, Haha. I like her suggestion of peroxide better. Peroxide isn't toxic and it bleaches, so maybe you could just pore it on the stain and walk away. I don't think the bubbling would disturb the bunnies too much.

good idea with the peroxide, that completely slipped my mind, i really hope it wasn't the bunny mama that was attacked, my sidewalk goes down the center of my backyard, which is very woodsy, so it's not uncommon to see rabbits and groundhogs and such. hopefully the peroxide will work with the heavy rains we've been having.

Back