A breakthrough!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
But I had to share because I was so very excited!

As you all know, Valura is our new addition. Also, you all probablyknow that Abby isn't exactly overly fond of her. I've been working withthem twice daily, for half hour to forty five minutes at a time, to getto know each other and hopefully get along. What I do is sit in thebathroom with them and basically supervise in a neutral territory.

Well, today I come into the living room and what do I see? Abbygrooming Valura! I know I shouldn't get too excited, but still. So farValura will run as soon as Abby looks at her, so I just feel that thisis some sort of breakthrough. :)

It's a major breakthrough and you're not spamming the board at all. We love hearing about these things.

I was just talking to BuckJonesthe othernight onthe phone and he said to me that once you see them grooming, it'spractically a done deal.

Sure didn't take Valura long to settle in!

-Carolyn

thats really good. I should try that Ihavent done alot to bond them. Right now they are next toeach other. A couple times Roger has pee'd on me when i havethem near each other. Silly rabbit. :)

Cristy

Cristy, what I did was put them in a cat carriertogether, take them on a short car ride, then put them in a roomneither had been in before. For me, it was either the kitchen orbathroom, as the other rooms aren't bunny proofed and way too big forthis purpose.

I had a water bottle on hand to break up any fights, and there weresome fights. Mostly Abby, but from what I've read, this is normal andnatural behavior, as one of the two rabbits will be the dominant oneand needs to prove it. At first, Valura would run from Abby, or justsit there totally freaked out, which I don't blame the poor thing.

It's been about a week now, and slowly getting better. I don't expectthem to be in the same cage anytime soon, but eventually. Abby is dueto get spayed next Friday, so I think that'll help even more.

Thanks for the advice. Its cooling down here sothe carrier would work, but what if they fight you cant seeit? I keep telling them once they love each other then Daddywill build them a nice cage.

Cristy

They're usually too freaked out in the car rideto do any fighting. I don't do the car anymore, just put them in thecarrier and bring them into the bathroom. It's getting cold out and Idon't want to keep on lugging them down 12 floors, out into the chillyair. Also, I think they're past that stage now anyway.

Latest posts

Back