9mnth old holland lop passed away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
Never did i think my little guy would leave me. Hes been doing great & finally buddies with my 5yr old mini rex. I was gone most of yesterday & came home to find he hadnt eaten or drank. He ate a piece of lettuce & a bite of critical care. Syringed him some water. Was up til 330, fell asleep next to his cage & woke up at 430. Tried getting him to come out & he slowly stopped being able to move. Within a minute he was gone. I just dont understand. He was fine when i left in the morning. Showed no sign of illness til last night. My poor baby! RIP WENDELL

I am so sorry tiabiaO. It is very heartbreaking when we lose a bun at such a young age and of unknown reasons at that. I am sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you in this time of sadness.

Binky free Wendell

Aw, I'm terribly sorry :( RIP Wendell! I'm glad at least you were there with him as he died and I'm sure he had a great life with you.

Thanks for your response. I got an autopsy done. Have to ask the vet again what the same of the illness was. It usually happens in cats & with them they die around a yr old. It deals with the heart. Seems as though his heart wasnt big enough for the growth that was taking place. There wouldnt of been a way to stop it or change anything. Just wish i could of had my baby boy for alot longer. he was a hapoy boy, liked binking & being sassy and gave lots of kisses!

We're so sorry to hear that you lost your little boy Wendell. We lost Nik-Nik before she turned 8 months. It just devastates you even when there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome. The only condolence is that the time he spent with you was happy and he leaves behind good memories. Rest in peace little man and binky free. :bunnyangel:

I am so sorry for your loss. If you got him from a breeder I suggest you let them know. That way they can determine if it is safe to breed the parents again.

Binky free little man :pray:

Latest posts

Back