99 Rabbits Rescued in Port Lavaca, TX

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flick

Reaction score
I have posted this in the "Rescue Me" forum, but thought it might get more exposure, here. Help is needed, please.

A week ago today, 4 animal organizations (Bunny Buddies, Citizens for Animal Protection, Spay Houston, and WildRescue, Inc in Dallas) worked together and rescued 99 rabbits from the Port Lavaca Animal Control. Most of the rabbits are reasonably healthy, but a few have abscessed wounds. We figure most of the females are pregnant.

The rescues are currently at the Citizens for Animal Protection shelter in Houston, being cared for by Bunny Buddies volunteers. Spay Houston has already spayed/neutered 6 and have 9 more who will be fixed in the next day or two. All rabbits will be spayed/neutered. Currently, all are being treated for ear and fur mites as well as given a week's course of Pen G injections.

If any shelters can take some of these rabbits (they will be spayed/neutered before released), please contact
Bunny Buddies at
bunnybuddies.org

or WildRescue, Inc. at
rescuedrabbits.org/

There is reason to believe that there are about 100+ more rabbits in Port Lavaca that we will be rescuing in the near future. These rabbits were released by a backyard breeder about a year ago, when he was informed by Animal Control that it was illegal to breed rabbits within the city limits and he was facing a fine. The rabbits have multiplied and become a nuisance in the neighborhood.

SiameseBun.jpg

Cages-3.jpg

Gossips.jpg

Shared on all of my bunny networks, as well as with friends in the Houston area. If any of the buns make it to rescues around Austin or Dallas, let me know.

Thank you for sharing. :)

The House Rabbit Resource Network in Austin has taken in 5 of these rabbits which we greatly appreciate.

I don't know if we can work up a transport to the New England area, but if there are shelters there willing to take some, we'll jump through flaming hoops to get them there.

Emailing the austin rescue right now to see if they need anything. I've got some stuff...maybe Q would find herself a boyfriend.....

Ditto transport to New England (SW CT). Would take two middle age male red eye whites (NZW/Calif/large Himi). Would take more but on medical downsize.

Rabbit Allies CT

Latest posts

Back