90 Fahrenheit here yesterday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I had the barn open for circulation and the floors stripped back in Axel and Juno's cages as we were HOT here yesterday - fine if you are in a warm state but I am in upstate NY and there was snow here just a few weeks ago!

I had frozen water bottles in their cages for relief - I remember my stepmom and sister had misters and fans on their bunnies in California...

It is back into the 50s today with rain- relief! Have to let them out (one at a time) so they can have some binky time.

Also have to call the Checkered Giant breeder - hopefully he is available around the 15th for my roadtrip to Ohio... looks like this will be the only way I can get them to me.

Thank goodness for Dunkin Donuts coffee....

Denise

It was so hot here in MA yesterday, too. Our A/C sucks and it's only in one room. The rabbits, rats, ferrets, guinea pig... everyone was so inactive, just laying around. I had some frozen water bottles out, too, all the windows open for a breeze.. I hate the heat so much. I hope when/if we move, we get central air... Luckily it's cooled off today.

It was pretty warm here in Kansas last week. The poor bunnies were just laying around, not doing much of anything. I did give in and turn on the air con, but only set it at 75. Thankfully, it cooled off again this week.

You sure couldn't live here in Louisiana!!! It's hot as hell most of the time!! But it's the humidity that's the killer--it makes everything so darn sticky!!

:p

DeniseJP wrote:
I will take the snow! I am the only idiot on the face of this planet who loves cold and snow!
Denise
oh no you're not. winter is my favourite time of the year. apparently we're going to get a hot summer - weather man was really happy about this! could have thrown me patchwork at the screen i was so depressed:rollseyes

Glad to hear someone else likes winter - my friend calls me "Snow Miser" after the Christmas special with the Miser brothers - she is definitely "Heat Miser."

My hubby thinks I am nuts but I can clean my barn down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit with a turtleneck shirt and a hoodie sweatshirt and jeans - no layering for me!

It is in the 50s now - just warm enough for me.

When we went to Florida one year, it was 55 out in Orlando and I was the only one in the pool - other guests were wearing ski jackets. One man came up to me and asked, "Hey lady, where are you from? It's too cold for the pool..." When it was in the 40s at night, I was still swimming (water was a lot warmer than the air).

Denise

you know where you are with the winter and the cold, but the heat:rollseyes- it's easier to keep warm than to cool down imho. about the only good thing i can say about the summer is that i can dry my washing on the line - hubby hates it drying on the radiators (or in front of the fire for maximum irritation:nasty:)

my daughter thinks its because i've got a mummy tummy and no longer look good in a bikini:rofl:

I tell myself I have earned my pudge and folks can just deal with it - I am learning to deal with it. :biggrin2:

But I still look at pics of myself and say "I have a dewlap." It sounds better than "double chin."

Since Benn was almost 12 lbs, 3 weeks early at birth, I "blame" him for never losing my baby fat. He was worth it, though!:hearts

Denise

Back