4th Litter, are these max factor babies ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayase

Reaction score
Quick Story :
My Doe already had 3 litters :
- 1st Litter : 3 (1 Peanut, 2 Normal) ==> All died at 4th day due to inexperienced Doe
- 2nd Litter : 3 (2 Peanut, 1 Normal) ==> All died at 1st day just 10 minutes after Doe gave birth
- 3rd Litter : 4 (1 Peanut, 3 Normal) ==> 1 Max Factor Baby which died at 1 month and 2 Healthy Babies

Max Factor baby was born without both eyes, have severe eyes infection and huge dental issues. It died at 1 month later because it didn't want to eat hays, drink water or milk its Doe for last 2 days

Total Baby Survive from all 3 Litter : 2 out of 10

This is my 4th litter : 4 (1 Peanut, 3 Normal) ==> 3 Babies

I noticed 2 babies are kinda different since they have longer softer fur just like Max Factor Baby I got from 3rd litter, they also already opened their eyes in 6 days

here's their pic :
20180825_223211.jpg
20180825_223634.jpg

here's their normal littermate :
20180825_223804.jpg

here's comparison of how different their fur are :
20180825_224501.jpg

I wonder if this time, they're healthy (no dental issues, no limb issues, no eyes issues etc)

Well, eyes open at 6 days, not exactly normal, you can only wait and see how that turns out. Good luck.

I don't know much about dwarf breeds, but from my perspective I wonder why you keep breeding that genetic train wreck combination. That's past strike 3. I too have a soft spot when it comes to culling kits that despite suffering fight for their lives, but I wouldn't breed rabbits where statistics are like this because of that and other reasons, it's not exactly what I would call responsible breeding.

Even if some survive - what do you do with them? Can you sell them as healthy with a clean consience? Imho they could still carry bad stuff, even if it's recessive or not noticeable now. I wouldn't dare to garantee that nothing will crop up in a few years - I don't like selling charlies because I don't want people have to deal with megacolon years later, although that is very unlikely with my mutts anyway (never happened, but there's such a thing like reading too much on the internet).

Anyway, I have little clue about pet breeds and don't know what's acceptable there, and they are your rabbits, do whatever you think is ok, just please don't make this other peoples problems.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back