4 weeks old bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrianah

Elon's mother
Reaction score
Hi! We just got a baby bunny! And just learned that 4 weeks is to young to be away from his mom! But now there is no way to taking him back! Any advice and general info that you guys have will be greatly appreciated!
He looks happy! He poops and eats and drinks a lot! He is always cleaning himself. He never goes out! He gets as much exercise as he wants since he has steps to come and go out and in his cage as he pleases. His cage is the largest one we could find (pretty big)
He hope and jumps and he sometimes likes to be pet! I think we have it under control, but with such a small bunny we don't want to take any risk! And if is there anything we can do to give him a better chance! Pleaseeeee help us!!

image.jpg

Hi! We just got a baby bunny! And just learned that 4 weeks is to young to be away from his mom! But now there is no way to taking him back! Any advice and general info that you guys have will be greatly appreciated!
He looks happy! He poops and eats and drinks a lot! He is always cleaning himself. He never goes out! He gets as much exercise as he wants since he has steps to come and go out and in his cage as he pleases. His cage is the largest one we could find (pretty big)
He hope and jumps and he sometimes likes to be pet! I think we have it under control, but with such a small bunny we don't want to take any risk! And if is there anything we can do to give him a better chance! Pleaseeeee help us!!
--here is a link http://www.medirabbit.com --this is so distressing but you are not alone,,-8-10 weeks for weaning,-wow -now you have the task of saving this little one..-yes-.it can be done,--you need a lot of info but due to my medical problems-I must be short,--you must learn much-quickly,-learning as you go is not advisable,-sincerely james waller -I know others will weigh in on this thread-and I will try also,as I can--time is the enemy!:expressionless:love::idea:happyrabbit:

Hello! :)
I, unfortunately, got Lily at 4 weeks too. I would suggest you look into getting your bunny some probiotics! Because they were weaned early, their gut processes are not as fully developed as with a bunny that was weaned later. This could lead to gut statis, which Lily had when she was 2 months old. Probiotics may help to prevent that.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Four weeks is too young to be taken from Mom, although many does do start weaning their young at about 4-5 weeks. Give lots of hay and water, and if you have alfalfa based pellets then that would be good. If yours are timothy based then you can provide some alfalfa hay mixed with a grass hay. The probiotics (benebac or probios brand) would be good to have on hand. I wouldn't advise any veggies/greens at this young age.

If you do add in alfalfa hay, start really slowly, because it had a tendency to mess up the tummies.
Like start with a pinch at a time, and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back