4 week old bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erin

Reaction score
i was wondering if its ok to take them out side& do they have fle medicine like advantage i can use for my bunnieshe dont have them but its good to have so she wont get them.
thanks

4 weeks is a little young to be seperated, where did you get her from?

I know that flea powder for kittens will work, as well as there is aflea medication sort of like advantage for ferrets that will work too.I have also found a spray made for rabbits, but I have no clue if itworks or not.

~Nichole

Considering how young she is and howsmall she is, I would hold off taking her out. I would also be wary ofusing any flea type product on her for the same reason. But that's justme.

Tina

She is a cutie.

What do you mean is it ok to take them outside?Like to a new cage to be sperated from the mom or to be played with? Itake my babies out to play when they're about 2 wks, though I play withthem inside if they're inside and outside if they're outside. Though ifthe bunny is going outside to play then you might want to make sureit's warm enough for the baby. Though I handle them from day one andthen get them out for longer periods of time as they get older.

If I can ask too....what should temps be beforetaking them outside? Its finally starting to warm here, and if its nicethis weekend we may make a venture out that way! (they areabout 2.5 months old)

Thanks!

If you think it's warm enough then it should be fine to take them outsince they're 2 in a half months old

I got her from a mom and pop store.....( a breeder)
she is still small , but she does great!!
she is an inside bunnie and has lots of room to run .
I just dont want her to get fleas.

Most flea medications shouldn't be used onanimals under 12 weeks of age. The all haveinstructions. Most treatments for cats/kittens are ok forsmall animals. You need to use the cat/kitten one thoughbecause small animals (rabbits) groom themselves like a cat, so thesemedications are safe to ingest.

Jen

I would recommend not using any flea spray,powder, or collars on a young rabbit, unless they in fact havefleas, and even on Adult rabbits.

Rabbits respiratory systems are quite fragile and I know how somerabbits have bad reactions to carpet fresh and some air fresheners& cleanners, I would think that some flea sprays and powderswould have similar reactions. The flea collars are obviouslyout of the question due to the potential choking hazzard.

Just a word of precaution.

~Sunshine

Here is an article about the dangers of using Frontline and other similar flea control products on rabbits.
Frontline and rabbits

We had a bit of a flea problem last fall after I adopted a new cat. Idid a lot of research and found that many flea products can be veryharmful.

If you ever have a flea problem, I would suggest consulting with arabbit saavy vet and doing lots of research before you use any product.There are certain flea treatments that are okay to use for rabbits anda good vet should know what they are.

Back