4 kids and a zoo :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharfly

Reaction score
I have never Bloged before... lol so here it goes:

My name is Susan, I am 31. I have 4 human kids and a gang of furry kids too. I have worked in several different jobs, hating most of them lol. I now do home care, my client is 25 yrs old and has Muscular distrophy, basically he was developing normaly and then when he hit 6 yrs old he started too lose muscle mass and is now in a wheel chair. I love the 4 hours working with him, he eats lunch, lays down for a couple hours (tv time for me too lol) and then gets up then I go too crazy land aka home. We have lots in common and it's nice too go too a quiet clean home for a break lol.

I have 4 kids, Soren is 9 he has a mild case of autsium(PDD pervasive development disorder) He is so easy going, he is totally obbsessed with video games I recently set up my old Nintendo for him and he loves it lol. Kailewill be8 in Aug, he is my brother and me combined lol He is the one I want too give away at times lol! But he is still lots of fun so much energy! Annika just turned 6, she is my only girl and so much like me, she is animal crazy! She is more of a girly girl then I was, I refused too wear dresses and she loves them! lol Then Odin, he is 4 and so different from the other 3, he is so shy and quiet! He is also the most stubborn person I have ever met! lol

028.jpg

Kaile, Odin, Soren and Annika this summer :)

My current Zoo is:

2 dogs, Ursa lab pyranese cross, Enzo cocker spaniel, 3 cats, Nemo orange tabby, Sully siamese, Biggs black, 2 rabbits, Nova ND hotot cross , Smokey Holland lop, 1 hamster Lil'black bear, 20 or so tropical fishand 20 ish fancy mice

The dogs at xmas
EnzoUrsaxmas10.jpg

Nemo and Biggs
020.jpg

Sully
003-1.jpg

Handful of baby mice lol Broken agoutis and a broken unmarked brindle(yellow one) some are satins :)
008-7.jpg

Sable and Diamond both obese brindles Diamond doesnt have stripes they are hidden by the genes that make her a PEW Sable is Grandma too the litter above
001-4.jpg

Rosalina, daughter to Sable, one of my nicer brindles :)
013-2.jpg

Alak satin chocolate point siamese mouse
011-3.jpg

All this in a 1500 sq 3 bedroom house lol!

So I live a crazy life but I wouldnt change it for anything!!! lol

Just got back from dropping Smokey off at the vet for his neuter! Now I have too wait the 8 long hours before he is ready too go!
Took some pics of him last night:
This one turned out the best

002-7.jpg

Smokey is home and the anestic has now worn off fully. He ate some banana and a few bites of grass with dandilion leaves in it. Hoping he eats some more, drinks and goes too the bathroom! No more worring about him and Nova having a secret date night! lol

Oooh I like your blog :biggrin:My ex-fiance had spinal muscular atrophy, so I know how that goes. You must be a very kind-hearted person to choose that line of work. Your kids sound like a hoot. It's always amazed me how siblings can be so completely different from each other. They have great names too! I am glad all went well with Smokey. I know how stressful those times are. What a lovely family you have, those mice are adorable!

Looking forward to reading more. ;)

My Mom was a PCA, personal care aid, in a nursing home. I always said I could never do that job and am now doing it lol. My Mom was so proud when I told her I was following her foot prints :) Sadly My Mom died of a massive heart attack in October, its been a hard year losing her, she was only 57 and healthy. I know she loved me and my family and is proud of who I am.

Smokey is looking good this morning, no reg poo's but he did have the soft ones. I gave him some horse hay and he is busy munching away. I checked him his inscion looks good and clean. He is hydrated. Looks like he is going too make a full recovery :)

Well Smokey is pooing normal again :) Just out of spite I am sure, he peed in his food dish and poo'd in his water dish! lol I survived a male neuter now too go through a female spay in September! lol...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

Glad to hear Smokey is ok - I always stress when an animal gets neutered and usually cry at the vet's too.

Wow - those mouse are...interesting. We have some non-domesticate mice here that I'm trying to get rid of. I use live traps and catch them and then Robin takes them outside about 100 or so feet away. I can hardly wait to get rid of all of them - although they are fun to watch sometimes.

Anyway - looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading more about your family, etc.

I am totally mouse crazy lol! I love the varities of colors and coat types out there. In the USA they have mice with curly fur I would love to get some here in Canada, I may have too ship some in one day... lol
My oldest son loves his mouse, Sable I took this picture of him playing video games on the computer with Sable and her daughter Peach
sorenmice.jpg

Smokey is back too normal, eating, drinking, pooing etc. So glad everything went so good :) I am so glad I found my vet, the ones in town where against spaying females, one clinc will spay but they dont recomend it and charge $280, the vet that neutered Smokey charges $130 and strongly recomends it. He even has bunnies in his clinic, a flemish giant and in a different hutch a mini rex and lionhead :) The lionhead is a BEW(blue eyed white) what a pretty bunny!

OMG smoky looks Sooooooooo adorable. I'm glad the neutering went well. I think though after you neuter a rabbit it takes a few weeks still before they can't impregnant a female? i forget how many.

Lucky for me, both of my rabbits i adopted from the humane society and were fixed before i could take them home. Sera was there only a week before we took her home, and then half a year later we got Epies who was there for a month.

I moved Smokeys cage near Nova's so they can start too bond that way :) I will give them some time then rebuild the c&c cage so it's like a whole new cage to them both :) Probley let them have a month like that, before Nova's cage is in the dinning room and Smokey in the living room. During free time Nova would go to Smokey's cage and they would groom each other through the bars :)

I don't have any pics of Nova in my blog so here are a few of my favs! Her Mom is a netherlands dwarf and her Dad a Dwarf Hotot
Most recent pic :)
010-4.jpg

I asked the kids too get her a handful of grass and they got her a mountain!
007-2.jpg

MY fav pic of her :) It's my computers background lol We had A&W for lunch and gave Nova the bag she loved it until she shreaded it lol
010-2.jpg

Awww that last picture of Nova is so cute! All your pets are cute :) And those are some FAT mice, wowie!

Well looks like summer has finally arrived here! 23c(74f) that is hot for us :) lol So what do you do with 4 kids, a friend and her son? Well you go frog hunting!! Catch and release of course, kids need to learn that wild animals belong in the wild.
We caught a couple teeny tiny ones like this little cutie!
022.jpg

Soon the kids got bored of frog hunting and decided that playing in the muddy puddle was much more fun, Lisa and I enjoyed watching our kids have a blast! My dog Enzo had fun with them too lol
037.jpg

038.jpg

On the way to the lake we came across the Canadian geese, only 41 this year(usually in the 60's)
018-2.jpg

So we had a fun day and I think the rabbits and my husband enjoyed a couple quite hours :)

well the zoo expanded yesterday. I have quite a few empty tanks just collecting dust, and my son Kaile is turning 8 next month and has been asking for a lizard. So I figured I would start looking for a rescue, I hate buying animals in petshops when so many animals need homes.
So I found an add for a Tokay Gecko and went too meet him and fell in love! The kids where estatic when they saw me with the container!
006-4.jpg

I had hoped too find a bearded dragon, but this guy was to cute too pass up! I might still find one :)

Back