39 Years

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buck Jones wrote:
Well, twenty years is nothing to sneeze ateither. Yes, understand the difficulty of raising children intoday's day and age. I was a high school teacher forthirty-two years, while Mrs Buck was more importantly a stay at homemom while the children were home.

She went back to work when the children went to college. Oncethat was over, or our responsibility was over(daughter seems destinedto become a professional student LOL), she "retired" officially, neverto return to work again, we both hope.

Sacrificed some "things," but came out ahead in family relationships, we believe.

Buck;)
Buck, I deeply respect your views on this. Many"modern" men practically throw the wife out into the workforce, nomatter whether they have children or not, whining that they just can'tsupport the home by themselves (this without even trying).Don't get me wrong; I know that there are extreme situationswhere the wife must and should pitch in for the survival of thehome, but this new "breed" of man is a little too milquetoast for mytastes. I'm just old fashioned in that I believe that a manshould be a man and sincerely embrace his responsibilities withoutlooking for his wife to "mother" him every step of the way.The emphasis seems to be more on material acquisition than familyrelationships, as you say.

Kudos to you on this. Such a refreshing perspective from a man.

You make a good point BunnyMommy, but then again,then there are those men who think a women belongs at home doing"women" work. Like cooking and laundry and cleaning, people who thinkthat absolutely irk me to no end!

Oh and congrats Mr. and Mrs. Buck, I don't know how I missed this thread! Excuse my extreme lateness!

Yes, BunnyMommy, we both here would agree withyou. Somehow, over the years, the distinction betweenexpectations and necessities has been blended together so much thatpeople don't recognize the difference between the two. Thereare many material things we believe we cannot live without, that arecertainly not neccessities and that we tie our lives up with earningenough to afford.

Don't believe there are very many people, who on their death bed, wishthey had spent more time at work earning money, than spending time withtheir families.

Buck

My thoughts exactly.............AMEN. I believe i heard those exact words not too long ago in Sunday school class.

CONGRATS :) (even if it is horribly late, wantedtoacknowledge thepost and get my wishes in )an inspiration for many of usbe sure.MayI go home now? /sigh here alone with my girls,and then to read thispost while my partner is at home :(

Such a insightful group you all are, Babymommy I am a firm believer inbanning of the words coulda shoulda woulda and you just reaffirmed mybelief with your quote of what doesnt kill us makes usstronger

Cher

Latest posts

Back